Respected Contributor

Re: WARNING !!!!! Today's TSV puts you at risk!

@terrier3 wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

The whole idea is marketing to people's fear.  At some point, you have to remove your card from your wallet.  A crook can get your info then.

Someone got my AmEx card number in Queens and got a crown at the dentist...and some clothes from Century 21.

I wasn't liable for anything...AmEx contacted ME. The new card came via FedEx the next day.

How dumb can someone be to charge a crown on a stolen credit card? 

The woman at AmEx laughed and said at least it went to a good cause! It wasn't wasted on stuff from Tiffany's. I imagine the thief was in pain and pretty desperate...and bought 2 dresses for $80 after the dental work to celebrate.

Well she'll have pretty teeth when she's sitting in jail. That's an easy one for the cops

Valued Contributor

I've watched a couple of presentations of this wallet. Did the vendor say that the ID card area was not protected? I never heard it stated one way or another in any of the presentations. Regardless of the RFID, it's a pretty wallet and I like the size. Price is good also. 

Honored Contributor

Well first, I really don't like the style and wouldn't carry one nor gift it.  But as I was watching the demo I saw the vendor prove that nothing could be transfered and as she did this, she ran the scanner over the leather part at the bottom back and forth and the back and never once ran it up and down the part of the wallet that had the cards stacked...  As I watched this, I noted it and watched later and again, she never ran the scanner up and down the cards which I found suspicious, why not if they are all protected?  

Anyway, not fond of Lodis even thought (at one time) they had a remarkable brand in leather accessories......  but unfortunately not anymore.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

The whole idea is marketing to people's fear.  At some point, you have to remove your card from your wallet.  A crook can get your info then.

It is about probability. The probability that someone will scan your cards increases the more often they aren't in a protective environment. 

At this time, having your cards in a protected case except for when using them, is lowering your chances of being electronically pick pocketed as much as is possible at this time, with today's technologies.

Some call it marketing to fear, but others see it as protection. Life insurance, health insurance, car and house insurance, locks on doors and windows, your valuables in a safe at home, wearing a seat belt, washing your hands before you eat or touch your face, wearing a condom, all forms of protection. When you have some protection from bad things (even though it won't prevent all bad things), you don't have to live in so much fear.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

Someone got my AmEx card number in Queens and got a crown at the dentist...and some clothes from Century 21.

I wasn't liable for anything...AmEx contacted ME. The new card came via FedEx the next day.

Shoekitty said

When they got my amex card they reloaded a starbucks card for 25 dollars online to test it out.  Then they donated a few hundred to Wounded Warriors, and then bought themselves a bike rack before I noticed.

Honored Contributor

@mattag wrote:

The LODIS SET OF 2  credit card cases do NOT offer complete RFID protection! The area where you would put your driver's license is NOT protected ! If you put a hotel key, DL, ETC in the ID window, it is vulnerable. QVC sells ID STRONGHOLD and RFID PROTECTION IS THEIR SOLE BUSINESS and their leather is beautiful. Be careful you don't get scammed because you fell for this product.

I bought the ID Stronghold when Q carried them (they don't have much now) and have actually gone directly to the company since to get the product. 

We have been very happy with them. 

Honored Contributor

just a FYI......this is found on the item page in the question and answers section.

The outside ID slot is RFID protected: the whole wallet is RFID protected......via BARBARA in customer care.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have concerns about your chip enhanced debit or credit card contact the bank or financial institution that issued the cards.  They are better able to explain to you how the card works and what if any security risks are involved.  Our bank will not hold us liable for any fraudulent charges on our cards.  They said it was safer for the customer and will cut down on credit card fraud.  I hope. 

I did order a set of the TSV for Christmas gifts.  This is the credit card wallet I have carried for about six or seven years and they are my favorite.   I think I paid about $35 for it at the time.  Really nice leather and this is a good value.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't live in fear about this, as some do. As others have said here, you are usually covered by your bank or CC company. My account was hacked in May and my bank took care of it and issued me a new card with a chip.

When I asked them for advice, they said carry on, keep using as usual, these things are going to happen.

I did buy the Travelon set of 2 RFID wallets and am quite happy with those. Whatever happens, happens. Not going to freak out about it.

It's the price of living in the 21st C and not paying 100% by cash.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all