Honored Contributor

Re: WANT TO SAY A SPECIAL THANK YOU

Bless you, ShowMe.  You are such a brave and strong person, and you seem to be handling your trials with such grace.  "CAVU," as our late President wished folks.  I think you are right about Reba.

So you are an early bird; I'm a night owl.   Have been since I was eight or nine.  How I remember my dear father telling me for the umpteenth time to go up to bed.  Actually, all of us were nightowls in our family.  My sons are but my late husband was an early bird.

I have had a busy Sunday.  I attended Liturgy (what we call the services) at my church, which is nearly an hour away, door to door.  At my age, I find it a very tiring trip, plus I have to drive on our Beltway and another major highway.  Not my favorite thing to do. 

I did get to sing at church today because when services are over, we line up to get blessed bread from the priest.  While we were waiting in the pews and then in line, the choir, situated on the balcony above us, sang Christmas carols.  Of course I sang along.  I have a squawky voice that sometimes embarrasses me, but I cannot resist singing the carols.  I think you are correct.  It does have to do with aged vocal chords.  After services, I went to coffee with fellow parishioners in the church social hall.

Needing to return an item, I stopped by the mall.  While there, I was able to view Santa from a few feet away (which thrilled me!), have a bite to eat and then do a little Christmas shopping.  I am nowhere near done as you.  I'm jealous.

After the mall, I stopped by my grocery store to pick up some things that I forgot on my Friday trip there.  Last week I attended Mass at a nearby Catholic church that I love. (When I am too tired to manage the long trip to my church, I attend the Catholic church.)  While there, I picked up a donation promise from a small Christmas tree.  The donation of diapers had to be dropped off by today, so after I put some groceries away, I zipped over to the Catholic church's 5:00 Mass to drop off the diapers in the narthex and then left.  I wanted to stay, deep down, but was tired.  

You are very kind to give heartfelt gifts to those who are helping you medically and with your banking.  You must be a sweetheart, and I bet they love seeing you. 

Good luck, dear!  

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Bless you, ShowMe.  You are such a brave and strong person, and you seem to be handling your trials with such grace.  "CAVU," as our late President wished folks.  I think you are right about Reba.

So you are an early bird; I'm a night owl.   Have been since I was eight or nine.  How I remember my dear father telling me for the umpteenth time to go up to bed.  Actually, all of us were nightowls in our family.  My sons are but my late husband was an early bird.

I have had a busy Sunday.  I attended Liturgy (what we call the services) at my church, which is nearly an hour away, door to door.  At my age, I find it a very tiring trip, plus I have to drive on our Beltway and another major highway.  Not my favorite thing to do. 

I did get to sing at church today because when services are over, we line up to get blessed bread from the priest.  While we were waiting in the pews and then in line, the choir, situated on the balcony above us, sang Christmas carols.  Of course I sang along.  I have a squawky voice that sometimes embarrasses me, but I cannot resist singing the carols.  I think you are correct.  It does have to do with aged vocal chords.  After services, I went to coffee with fellow parishioners in the church social hall.

Needing to return an item, I stopped by the mall.  While there, I was able to view Santa from a few feet away (which thrilled me!), have a bite to eat and then do a little Christmas shopping.  I am nowhere near done as you.  I'm jealous.

After the mall, I stopped by my grocery store to pick up some things that I forgot on my Friday trip there.  Last week I attended Mass at a nearby Catholic church that I love. (When I am too tired to manage the long trip to my church, I attend the Catholic church.)  While there, I picked up a donation promise from a small Christmas tree.  The donation of diapers had to be dropped off by today, so after I put some groceries away, I zipped over to the Catholic church's 5:00 Mass to drop off the diapers in the narthex and then left.  I wanted to stay, deep down, but was tired.  

You are very kind to give heartfelt gifts to those who are helping you medically and with your banking.  You must be a sweetheart, and I bet they love seeing you. 

Good luck, dear!  

Good morning......I had to go fishing this morning to find this post.  Knew you had posted it, but it was too late when I saw it to respond.  So, here 3 days later, I am responding to you.

Sounds like you had one busy Sunday.....  Hope you are getting your Christmas shopping done.  Just think, now you have to do the wrapping.  I do too.

Did find a few more things from The Vermont Country Store that I ordered.  Things that could be stocking stuffers.....like Rum Balls.  Three packages, and have a couple of friends I will be giving them to.  

Couldn't make it to the doctor's office for port flush on Monday.  There was snow on my car and no way would I have been able to get out there to clean it off.  So they scheduled me for yesterday.  Went and on my way home I drove by a Burger King and got my favorite from there....a "whopper" with cheese.  Haven't had one for quote some time.....and it tasted so good.

There is a woman from the oncology office that I have made really good friends with.  We met there when we both were having treatments.  She to this day is still getting treatments.  Had breast cancer, and went the whole route with it.....    Sheri and I keep in touch with each other and do get together every once in a while.  When I fell in my apartment a little over a year ago and had to go to the hospital and then rehab, she came to see me a couple times.....  She and her husband live down near DeSoto, MO.  And she knows I can't drive down there, so she does come to see me.  We do go out sometimes to eat lunch....we have a wonderful Mexican place we like to go to.  Anyhow, she said she and her hubby would like to come spend Christmas afternoon with me, and she will bring me my Christmas dinner, and the 3 of us will eat together.  Have her present all ready and waiting for her.  That was such a sweet surprise.  Now I won't be alone on Christmas day.  

Ever since the time change, I have been waking up usually some where between 6:30 and 7:00.  I have always loved sleeping in.....but that has not been the case.....  I made up my mind last night that I really wanted to sleep in this morning.....  So when I woke up at 7:30 I said no you don't.....  so I went back to sleep and slept until 10:30.  That's the first time I've done that in a long time.....and it felt so good.

Today I will be changing my bed linens.  Laundry will be done tomorrow evening.....and like to do that the day before.  It takes me quite a while to do that.  Have to take breaks in between.  Takes a lot out of me.  So, you know what I'll be doing this afternoon.  No body makes my bed for me like I want it.....I'm a stickler with that.

Ok, think I've caught you up on what has been going on.  Hope all is well with you, and that you get to see this post.  Take care and enjoy singing the Christmas carols.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, ShowMe, you have been busy, too!

I am so happy that your good friend and her husband will visit with you on Christmas Day.  That warms my heart.  They are good people, just as you are.  "You-Know-Who" always provides (writing in "code" so as not to offend).

Do I ever understand doing certain jobs in stages!  That is how I operate, too, with my autoimmune diseases that zap my energy.  I tire easily, and so I must figure out a game plan for many of my chores.  You made me chuckle when you explained how precise you are with making beds.  The big challenge for me is tackling the mattress with the fitted sheets.  I always feel I am taking on a wrestler when I try to pull the corners over the mattress.

Glad you enjoyed your Whopper.  I, too, often stop at Burger King for a small Whopper to break up shopping days when I must go from place to place. We have that in common.

Yesterday for me was tied up with two doctor appointments.  Did a tad more shopping after the second doc visit.

I'm still working on my Christmas shopping, and I will confess I've become a big bag-and-tissue gal rather than wrapper since the nature of my gifts has changed so much these last several years.  I long for the days of boxes and bows, though.  Not that I don't have any, just not as many boxed gifts as I once had. 

I am now looking into purchasing some of those Rum Balls you just ordered.  Thank you for the idea!

May you have a day of ease, grace and harmony.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@golding76......  Good evening.....  

Let me tell you this before I go any further.  If you are wanting to order anything from The Vermont Country Store, you better get your order in ASAP.  The order I placed a couple days ago just shipped out....and is expected to be delivered to me by the end of the day on 12/19.  I know you are closer to them, but the shipping is getting to be slower now that we are so near the deadline.  I like the way they have the 3 bags of those rum balls bagged separately.....makes gifting them a little easier.  

Had good intentions yesterday of getting quite a bit done....but my poor old bones were really dealing me a rough day.....every joint in my body hurt.  Believe it was because of the rain we have been having all day today.  That will do it every time.  So, didn't get anything done.  But had to make up for it today.  Did get my sheets changed.  Took a while, but got it done.  Some folks just don't know how to fold sheets correctly.  That is another thing I'm a stickler about.  And when finishing up with getting the top sheet on and down blanket, I make a hospital corner.  Was taught that when I was a very young girl and had to make my own bed.  My sister and I both do that.  Jeanne does a pretty good job of doing the laundry, but folding is not her forte.  Have no idea how she does her own clothes....but I do have to refold quite a bit of things.  Now I have her put the folded things on the guest bed and I do the final part the next day.  Have a certain way I fold my knit tops....never have to iron them the way I fold them.  Did a lot of refolding at Dillard's when I worked there.

Yes, the Whopper was delicious.  I get the single with cheese, onions, tomato, and all the other goodies they put on them.  

After dealing with the bed today, I got my grocery order in, received it, and have put everything away.  Am having the 2 chicken legs from the roasted chicken I got.  Then tomorrow will cut it up and have it ready when I want a good chicken sandwich, or do what ever I want with that meat.  It is a herb roasted chicken.  Love it.

Having 2 doctor appointments and shopping after that was quite a bit to do in one day.  

Know I have some white gift wrapping tissue some place, just have to find it.  Will use that to wrap some of the small things, put a red bow on it, then the to/from sticker on it.....then I'll be done with that.  Yes, I used to wrap all my presents in boxes with pretty paper, and made my own bows.  Always enjoyed doing that.  We did have a lot of folks to buy for and once the presents were wrapped, we put them under the tree.  Always looked so pretty.....even if I have to say so myself.  lol

Keep plugging along with your shopping....you'll get it done.  

Have a good evening.....hope to hear from you again soon.