Honored Contributor

WANT TO SAY A SPECIAL THANK YOU

to everyone that posted on the different threads regarding the death and services that were for President George H W Bush.  They were so touching and sincere.  Wonderful job...well done.

And those of you that posted pictures, they were very special.  Beautiful job.  

Honored Contributor

Re: WANT TO SAY A SPECIAL THANK YOU

[ Edited ]

ShowMe,

You are a lovely person.  

Respected Contributor

You're welcome and thank you, too, dear @ShowMe! I sincerely enjoyed all of the heartfelt and interesting comments on those threads. ❤️ 

Honored Contributor

There were so many posters that I haven't made any connection with until that time.  Everyone so very pleasant to each other, many kind words, and yes, we shared some tears together.  Very touching.

Learned a lot about quite a few of the posters too.  Hope we can continue posting to each other now that President Bush has been laid to rest.  Such a wonderful man.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

ShowMe,

You are a lovely person.  

@golding76.....you are too.  So enjoyed chatting with you.  Even though we are so different, we do have a lot in common.  

Hope we can continue to chat with each other.  Would be neat if we we could meet in person....have a nice lunch and talk away.  We would have so much fun.

And we could even belt out some of our favorite hymns.  

Honored Contributor

So nice to see putting our differences aside and sharing a few positive words. We did good! Let’s keep it up. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ShowMe,

Returned to my computer now and read your sweet words. I would love to continue chatting with you -- and I agree that it would be a treat to lunch with you sometime.

As I recall, you are in Missouri now (St. Louis, was it?), and I am in Northern Virginia in one of the small suburban communities there.  Who knows?  Maybe fate will bring us together one day.

Our connections remind me of a wonderful colleague at the Federal Aviation Administration, where I worked, who became a dear, dear friend.  She lived and worked in Oklahoma City while I worked for FAA Headquarters but in a Virginia-based office.  We met in Ok City to work together on a national project.

On paper, we were very different from one another, but we clicked.  She would chuckle that she could not get over how she, a Baptist from Ok City, could match up so well with someone who was Greek Orthodox from the East Coast.  We had such fun together.  She came East to headquarters two times and of course we got together and had nothing but fun and laughs!  

So, in the end, maybe temperament, values and interests overcome everything.

And yes, I'd love to sing some hymns with you. 

Honored Contributor

Your'e welcome and thank you for your post!

Honored Contributor

@golding76........Just got on the board and saw your post.  I was sound asleep when you posted last night.  Do go to bed fairly early most nights.  

Yes, I reside in the county of St. Louis, MO.  Have never been to your part of the country.  Fate can do some wonderful things.....

It's neat when individuals can meet and become good friends.  Now I know why you mentioned Oklahoma the other day.  There was a reason more than work to have you two meet and become friends.  That is what makes life so interesting.  

I'll warn you ahead of time that I can't sing anymore like I used to.  Wonder if that has something to do with aging???  LOL

You know when Reba was singing the Lord's Prayer, which she did so beautifully, I kept feeling of how she was probably wanting to go to the the casket and put her hands on it for the last time.  

It's pretty cold here this morning.....about 20.  Only supposed to get up to about 37 today.  Will be home today trying to figure out 2 more presents I need to order.....then I'll be finished.  The nurses in the oncologist office that take such good care of us when we are in there are angels.  There are 2 doctors and a total of about 35 other people that work in that office.  It takes a special kind of nurse to do that kind of work, and they are so dedicated.  Try to always remember them on nurse's day and at Christmas.  And there is the young man at the bank where I go to that has been so kind to me.  I don't have to go to the bank anymore.....he does come by here on his way home from work.  All I have to do is call him when I need something and he takes care of me.  Want to get him something.....

Do have to go out tomorrow morning to go get my port flushed out.....  Since I haven't been taking any treatments for a while now, the port does need to be taken care of (at least every 8 weeks).  They are not removing it just yet.  It is still used for when I need to have my blood work done.  

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

So nice to see putting our differences aside and sharing a few positive words. We did good! Let’s keep it up. 

@GenXmuse.....totally agree.