Esteemed Contributor

Re: W.H.O. Officially Designates Coronavirus a Pandemic

@sidsmom wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

feel like you're trying to convince yourself this isn't a thing...

and it's really bothering you.  

The whole World is behind the us believers.

Only a small % of people don't believe it. 

In the meantime...throw as many stats out as you want.

It doesn't change anything....and it's not going away anytime soon.

@sidsmom Is that so?  You took a poll of every person on the planet and found percentages?  As I said, sure it is a "thing".  I am not scared one bit about getting it.  If I do, I will deal with it.  I have an elderly mother, so I worry about her, but her place is taking the necessary precautions, as everyone should.  But stressing everyone out about a "deadly" virus and dire predictions is not helping.  That alone can weaken one's immune system.  I am going to wash my hands of this topic because this thread is not productive.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Puppy Lips 

feel like you're trying to convince yourself this isn't a thing...

and it's really bothering you.  

The whole World is behind the us believers.

Only a small % of people don't believe it. 

In the meantime...throw as many stats out as you want.

It doesn't change anything....and it's not going away anytime soon.

@sidsmom Is that so?  You took a poll of every person on the planet and found percentages?  As I said, sure it is a "thing".  I am not scared one bit about getting it.  If I do, I will deal with it.  I have an elderly mother, so I worry about her, but her place is taking the necessary precautions, as everyone should.  But stressing everyone out about a "deadly" virus and dire predictions is not helping.  That alone can weaken one's immune system.  I am going to wash my hands of this topic because this thread is not productive.

I, too, am not worrying about myself but my elderly mother.

We have that in common!

But yes, it IS a deadly virus....especially among our most vulnerable 

population.
But 'stressing out'?  No...I don't see that here or most places.  
People are calmly realizing it's a thing & adjusting their lives 

by adhering to the CDC/WHO recommendations. 

The dangerous ones are the ones who don't believe it's severity. 

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 You may call it running around with hair on fire. I call it taking a calm and reasonable approach to utilize criltical thinking given the science and evidence based facts to guide my behavior. I will use care and compassion to keep myself and others as healthy and safe as I can and care for those afflicted. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 You may call it running around with hair on fire. I call it taking a calm and reasonable approach to utilize criltical thinking given the science and evidence based facts to guide my behavior. I will use care and compassion to keep myself and others as healthy and safe as I can and care for those afflicted. 

This!👆👆👆👆👆

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

Thank you for an enlightened post.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@deepwaterdotter  Yeah, that it was suggested I move to a country plagued with deaths made it seem applicable.  I had to laugh at how far down in the dregs it can go in a hurry for an opinion.  I won't take it personally, it's just too silly.  But the anger is ramping up at the gut level so I do hope this horror starts a downturn soon, too many dying and frankly, if I get it, I probably won't survive it and I live in a high-count, high-death state where it is believed many hundreds more are carrying it and will not be tested.  This is very serious but then not so much to people in areas not heavily hit who can sit in judgment from their imagined safety and moreso if they aren't watching informing news.

@Free2be    I have empathy for you, and hope you can avoid this.  

I've recently relocated to a state with few cases, but keep hearing that if we feel symptoms, not to go to the ER, but to call the doctor.  Something I don't have.  Have been on a waiting list to get in.  There is a shortage of doctors taking on new patients in many areas.  What do we do?

Honored Contributor

@reiki604   Yes, and I believe you just restated what most of us have been saying in the forum.

@reiki604 wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

@september you can call your local hospital emergency room and they can help you.  You can also call any urgent care center and I’m sure they will also know what to do.

Honored Contributor

Well I'm happy about this designation because I just love pandas.

Image result for panda gif

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@september you can call your local hospital emergency room and they can help you.  You can also call any urgent care center and I’m sure they will also know what to do.

@Snoopp    Thank you.  I was thinking this would be plan b.  Just wish it wouldn't be assumed that everyone in this country has a personal physician.  

I have a great insurance plan and have had problems finding a doctor accepting new patients.  What about all the uninsured people?