Honored Contributor

Re: Volunteers Guard Recruitment Centers

It's looking at the world Half Empty or Half Full.  I look at it Half Full!   There's TONS of love & compassion!!!  We just have the means today to hear more about the icky people, that's all.  

🌼🌸🌹🌷💐🌺💛💚💙💜

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

It's looking at the world Half Empty or Half Full.  I look at it Half Full!   There's TONS of love & compassion!!!  We just have the means today to hear more about the icky people, that's all.  

🌼🌸🌹🌷💐🌺💛💚💙💜

I agree with you that, "...there's TONS of love & compassion," but those aren't the ones who want to kill us.  Our world is neither half empty nor half full.  It's been turned upside down.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Somebody's got to. Glad people are stepping up.

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

I don't think it's appropiate for citizens to do no matter how well intentioned.

I agree.  The average man with a gun is not trained to handle situations with people with mental problems or to to evaluate their potential risk.  Somebody is going to get hurt.  This is the job of law enforcement.  If I were the property owner I'd have them removed before I got sued.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Huh?..

@Lila Belle wrote:
It's vigilantism pure and simple. And that never ends well.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

There's a vast population out here that we don't hear about.  It's mighty big.  It has a heart of gold; it loves our land so much; and, it's waking up.

These volunteers, who stand on city sidewalks, are part of that vast population.

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

There's a vast population out here that we don't hear about.  It's mighty big.  It has a heart of gold; it loves our land so much; and, it's waking up.

These volunteers, who stand on city sidewalks, are part of that vast population.

Oh, I hope so.  I truly hope so.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Saw this coming a long time ago.

Glad people are "waking up," but I think they slept too long..........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

I don't think it's appropiate for citizens to do no matter how well intentioned.

I agree.  The average man with a gun is not trained to handle situations with people with mental problems or to to evaluate their potential risk.  Somebody is going to get hurt.  This is the job of law enforcement.  If I were the property owner I'd have them removed before I got sued.

ITA!

There is a federal law that PROHIBITS soldiers from having weapons on US soil. It's the Posse Comitatus Act .

Either the law has to be changed, or STATE professional security can guard them.

BTW - one of the Navy men did have a weapon (a Glock) and fired back. He was very brave, drawing fire to keep other people safe. RIP.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

Wow...wise words!   ITA!  

How do these volunteers assess who is 'good' or who is 'bad'?    Remember, South Carolina shooter sat in the bible study for some time.