Respected Contributor

Volunteers Guard Recruitment Centers

[ Edited ]

Good idea?  Recruitment centers are still unarmed.  Volunteers who are veterans are coming forward to protect them.  

http://q13fox.com/2015/07/21/armed-civilians-decide-to-stand-guard-outside-military-recruiting-offic...

I think it's a good idea.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Volunteers Guard Recruitment Centers

This post isn't going to last long, so I'm getting my 2¢ in early.  I think it's a cryin' shame  on our nation that we think it's necessary.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

Times are changing, we cannot be sitting ducks.  The military should be allowed to carry.

Honored Contributor

That has happened here locally. And I think it is a good idea. Perhaps it is not real protection, but the show of support for those serving, making the statement that nut jobs or terrorists aren't going to intimidate the American public, demonstrating that we won't take such things lying down, all good reasons for it to be happening.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

That has happened here locally. And I think it is a good idea. Perhaps it is not real protection, but the show of support for those serving, making the statement that nut jobs or terrorists aren't going to intimidate the American public, demonstrating that we won't take such things lying down, all good reasons for it to be happening.

I think it's real protection.  Some Governors have ordered members of the Natl Guard to do this not only for recruitment centers but for military bases too.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of political content

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm almost 70 years old and I feel so sad at what's happened to our country.

I've always been a letter writer, sent emails, you name it.  I've had it.  It does no good to do anything anymore.  No one is listening.  I have young grandchildren.  Who knows what kind of country they're going to be living in.  So sad.

Whenever I see anyone in a military uniform I've always gone up, shaked thier hand and said, "Thank you and thank your family for your service to our Country", then walk away.  I recently had a young woman start crying.  I had a child with their father say, "Daddy why did that lady say that"?  I don't know what he said because I kept going (they were busy).

Why don't more people do that simple thing?  I live in the Washington, DC area.  Maybe we have more military than others, I don't know.  I don't see them every day but when I do I go out of my way to say thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it's appropiate for citizens to do no matter how well intentioned.

Occasional Contributor

It's just so sad everywhere these days. We must all be so very careful here in the greatest, smartest country in the world.

I just pray for all of those who are working for safety under the circumstances where they themselves could be harmed severly or killed.

They ALL need our prayers and support, but not MY criticism.

Respected Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

I don't think it's appropiate for citizens to do no matter how well intentioned.

We don't necessarily know who they are, so that could be quite scary.