Honored Contributor

@Sage04   I used about 3 drops rubbed it in.  It did seem to help.  Doesn't hurt at all now.  It is peppermint flavored.  Wonder if it's to be taken internally? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  mine has peppermint, rosemary,black pepper, lavender, juniper and a few other thing that i can´t read.

Respected Contributor

2 weeks ago today I used a generic for Voles.  I woke up Saturday morning  with blisters all over the hand I used to apply it to my knees. The second side effect listed was blisters.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sage04   I used about 3 drops rubbed it in.  It did seem to help.  Doesn't hurt at all now.  It is peppermint flavored.  Wonder if it's to be taken internally? 

@Kachina624 

Some can be taken orally.  I have RA, did not notice any releif,

but didn’t take but once.  Check label for oral use.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Hope you find relief.  

I have RA and find a warm cat, or dog compress is very helpful.

🤗 To Sweet Ava and Dear Henry.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I have a lot of arthritis in my back, neck and knees.  My knee has been hurting for a couple of days, and I just now used Voltaren gel on it.  I haven't used this for many years.  I remember it worked fairly well but wasn't convenient to reapply four times a day.

I was hoping it would help me tonight so I could sleep.  The package says it doesn't work immediately and can take up to seven days.  For those who have used it, how long does it usually take before it brings relief?

I have taken Aleve twice today and also Tylenol.

@Kachina624  I know you use this.  I was hoping you could give your input.

@NickNack 

I use it and it works immediately.

Esteemed Contributor

I only use it once or twice a week.....

After reading the instructions that came with it......I got too nervous using it often....

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624   You're supposed to drop the CBD oil on your tongue.  I tried it for back pain, and it didn't help me at all.  I imagine some brands are more effective than others.

The Voltaren helped me tremendously last night.  I posted right after I used it, and in about an hour I could feel it getting better.  I'm so glad I decided to use it.

My doctor prescribed it years ago when it was prescription only.  I remember at the time I was taking a prescription NSAID, too, and she said it would be fine to use them together for the reason you stated.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@RedTop  @Just Bling. @On It. @mom2four0418   @Sage04   @Drythe   @rockygems123   @Nataliesgramma   Thank you all for your replies.  It helped tremendously.  I could feel it working within the first thirty minutes.  I wrote the post right after I used it.  I will continue using it as needed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I'm struggling with arthritis in my foot.  I use Aspercreme or BioFreeze which help.  Sometimes I put on the Aspercreme patch.  Aspercreme is lidocaine.  When those products stop helping, I'll try Voltaren.  Advil works well, but my rheumatologist said Tylenol is a better choice "if it works."  

I'm glad to read all the input here about this.  It's good to share experiences.