Esteemed Contributor

Volkswagen Commercial....

[ Edited ]

The one where the family is spreading Grampa's ashes all over the country.....I always thought that was illegal?! My family doesn't take me for a ride in the car now--don't think they'd take my urn for a ride!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Volkswagen Commercial....

@nana59 I thought I had heard that to?

Esteemed Contributor

Volkswagen seems to have total disregard for American safety and laws as shown in their last debacle.

Frequent Contributor

I think it once was illegal, but isn't any longer. There are guidelines one has to follow though. For example, in the ocean, I read once where you have to be so many miles off shore. 

Frequent Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

My family doesn't take me for a ride in the car now--don't think they'd take my urn for a ride!!

I don't know if you meant this to be funny, but it made me laugh. 

Honored Contributor

There are many places where it's legal to scatter ashes now, and forest areas where they will bury the cremains at the foot of a tree, mixing it with the earth.

Esteemed Contributor

@NewNickname1x1000 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

My family doesn't take me for a ride in the car now--don't think they'd take my urn for a ride!!

I don't know if you meant this to be funny, but it made me laugh. 

just a little humor--glad it made you laugh!!  on second thought, i don't think my family would take my urn for a ride--unless it was to get ice cream--just to torture me!!

Honored Contributor

I don't know why there would be any objection to people spreading ashes in any forest or waterway.  They are heated to such a high temperature that they're just sterile dust. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

That is one of my favorite commercials.  Love Simon and Garfunkel's America and the whole family trip idea is beautiful.  And for those who are upset that a car company has no respect for our laws?  Pulease.  I know people who have spread ashes in all sorts of places and guess what?  They are all Americans who did it.   Why not just enjoy the commercial for what it is  -  a way to celebrate a person's life.  Yeah, the company wants to sell cars, but it's still a nice ad. 

Honored Contributor

I absolutely love this commercial. It's so well done.  It should get an award for commercial of the year. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?