Respected Contributor

Re: Volkswagen Commercial....

@Jaspersmomlike the commertial,  always thought of the song as a sad and listless lament. 

Honored Contributor

Well its better than "making a family" in the VW commercial.....which was a bit crass and tasteless..............

But I like this one from Ford..........

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wID7/ford-focus-cats-and-dogs-song-by-link-wray-and-his-ray-men

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I don't see them spreading the ashes. I think they are taking the urn on a family trip across America as a tribute to their grandfather, who always wanted to travel across the country. Don't see any scattering at all. Grandmother still has the urn in her arms at the end.

The commercial, with that wonderful music, is lovely and tender.

My husband and I have planned to have our ashes scattered.  Much more meaningful to us than spending a small fortune on a casket and burial plot.

PS: I love the part in the movie "The Bucket List" where Jack Nicholson has his ashes placed into a "Chock Full 'O Nuts" coffee can. Everytime I make coffee I think of that scene with a chuckle.

Honored Contributor

I love that commercial, the woman lives locally.  They did a nice story on her.  I don't think they are scattering her husband's ashes.  I think they are driving his ashes around, to the places he always wanted to visit but never did.  

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Volkswagen seems to have total disregard for American safety and laws as shown in their last debacle.

@hopi

Like Japan and their air bags, the gas company killing eight Americans, toxic water, etc?

It's a touching commercial.

Honored Contributor

My 'peeps' over here have been talking about (bad message for kids) an Ang*e's List commercial..........I finally ran across it last evening.  A child happily throwing a stuffed animal into the toilet and then flushed it down.  Anyone else here think it's a bad idea if the youngsters see this commercial, and perhaps 'copy' the boy's action in the commercial(?)  ....... Please ignore if this subject has already been discussed. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

My 'peeps' over here have been talking about (bad message for kids) an Ang*e's List commercial..........I finally ran across it last evening.  A child happily throwing a stuffed animal into the toilet and then flushed it down.  Anyone else here think it's a bad idea if the youngsters see this commercial, and perhaps 'copy' the boy's action in the commercial(?)  ....... Please ignore if this subject has already been discussed. 

Oh, please! 

That's what toddlers do! They get facinated with things "disappearing" in a toilet, and have been doing things like this since the indoor toilet was invented.

I can tell you for a fact, that when I was a toddler, I was facinated with flushing the tops of my baby bottles down the toilet, and that was decades before this commercial came along.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

@ROMARY

Neither me nor my siblings dropped things in the toilet, neither did my cousins. And none of my nephews or neice dropped things in the toilet, neither did my friend's kids, or my friend's grandkids did that either......But kids learn things visually these days, so I think yes that commercial could be a bad influence and teach kids to throw things down the toilet.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”