Valued Contributor

Vitamix ISettlement ISN'T SETTLED >:/

[ Edited ]

Was told I didn't qualify for the replacement blades even though I sent in all the information (I had purchased it within the time frame from QVC etc.) So then they said if I sent them pictures and proof AGAIN- they'd consider my claim-- 4 months now and no word-- I looked up the site and they say the lawyer is SOOOO great- that was handling this- Well I think she sucks! I sent them pictures of every angle- a copy of the purchase from qvc etc etc. and still NOTHING. I think this is all a scam because they don't want to replace the blades- in the meantime I refuse to use this over priced Vitamix because I don't particularly like plastic in my smoothies!! I AM ******. (excuse my language- it's just ridiculous that they have not responded further. From what I gather- I was one of the first to get a notification from them about this class-action suit- so why would they even bother to contact me in the first place. I didn't want the "gift card" which people seem thrilled to have gotten already- because that was a rip- off imo- anything you could purchase with it was double or more that amount- unless you wanted some plastic utensils. Pretty crappy of them. Would never recommend any purchase from them ever again!

Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamix ISettlement ISN'T SETTLED >:/

I have a vitamix my kids gifted me with.  I believe they got it from Costco.  I do have to say they aren't that great anyway.  I make smoothies with it, thats it.  My small hamilton beach 29 dollar blender works better.  I have a hard time making smoothies from frozen fruit in the vitamix.  I would never buy one again.  I wanted one so bad too!  Besides smoothies there is just no use for one that one of my other gizmos couldnt suffice

sorry you are having a hard time with them.  How about filing a complaint with the BBB in the town they are in, or calling one of those consumer groups.  I once had a problem with Jenn air after several un responsive  compliants I wrote to this  channel "7 on your side" and I had a call in 2 days from poobah at Jenn air.  Took them 2 days to get done  what I tried to do in 7 months.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally get your frustration, this is why I didn't even bother to try.  I was disappointed with the Vitamix and especially when the blades started flaking.  I stopped using it altogether.  I wanted to buy a new container for it rather than a new blender but the price was ridiculous!  It's now sitting in my basement (the motor part) I since recycled the plastic pitcher.  For the price, those pitchers should be glass, not plastic!!  I bought an Oster blender for $50 with a glass container and high grade stainless steel blades and it works even better.  

Honored Contributor

I received an email recently that they were way behind for replacement blades.

What I didn't realize, was that I am going to have to send the unit back to get the replacement blades!

I just assumed they were sending the blades.

The email said I would be contacted in the future with instructions to return. 

This thing weighs a ton...where am I suppose to get a box for it and how am I suppose to package the bottom portion properly for shipping?

I hardly ever use it either.

Have never noticed any flecks.

I will not bother....perhaps that is what they are hoping.

Honored Contributor

I was rejected too but found out I had done 2 claims for the same machine--my bad---and was told to enter a new claim, to verify info,  which I did, with pics included. I opted for a new blade. Sorry you don't like your VM--I happen to LOVE mine and use it all the time with much success.. And the delay is annoying but really, not a big thing to me. Think any delays in any class action suit is frought with type of stuff---- I still use my VM everyday and enjoy it. Never had any issues with plastic from it either----

Honored Contributor

I always thought Vitamix was overpriced and overhyped....I hope people that purchased one get their settlement....It seems like QVC would do the right thing and offer a full refund since the product was defective regardless if the purchase was over 30 days  .....this is a safety issue, and let QVC deal with the lawyers and settlement....

Im happy with my old Hamilton Beach

One good thingI bet QVC won't be presenting Vitamix for awhile...it would just make past purchasers riled up and want their settlement NOW!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

What are when talking about here? I somehow completely missed whatever this Vitamix issue is, and I have two of them. One I gave to my mom, so I really want to know what the problem is if anyone has time to tell me here or direct me somewhere to learn about this?

Honored Contributor

It was smooth sailing for me -- I got a certificate for $50 towards a future Vitamix item.

I use my Vitamix nearly every day.  My son uses it for his protein drinks and he abuses that thing to the max with whole fruits, nuts, ice, etc.  Five or six years old, works like new.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Honored Contributor

I had originally opted for replacement blades as I thought that would be more straightforward, but I recently got the message that I'd have to send the machine back or opt for money to use on another purchase.

I wanted a larger container so I opted for the $70 credit that they immediately emailed me.  I used it on a 64 ounce container instead of the 48 ounce container that was on my original machine base.  I had to pay extra for the larger size, but a credit is a credit.

It just arrived today and I'm very pleased with it.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@ThinkOutsidetheBox wrote:

What are when talking about here? I somehow completely missed whatever this Vitamix issue is, and I have two of them. One I gave to my mom, so I really want to know what the problem is if anyone has time to tell me here or direct me somewhere to learn about this?

Check blendersettlement DOT com, @ThinkOutsidetheBox 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.