Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamin D and others before and during covd 19

So basically vitamin D is a cytokine modulator where it would interfere with the inflammatory response to cv infection. Some inflammation is healthy as it promotes the healing process but too much inflammation can cause cell damage, for example, in cv-induced pneumonia.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay 

FWIT, it came across as snarky to me too.  I just bought a multi vitamin today.  I've never been a vitamin / supplement person but I figure it probably won't hurt and might help.   Stay healthy and informed.  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

My doctor has had me take 2000 IU of vitamin D daily for about 4 years.  I have also read that being outside in the sun helps with infections.  I think you don't want more than about 20 minutes, though.  

https://time.com/5181153/sunlight-flu-prevention-study/ 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe Good point. My doctor's office reviews my meds and supplements with me each time I have an office visit.

My oncologist is part of a large health care system and my info is in the computer system. Each time I see my oncologist, the nurse reviews all meds and supplements with me.

For years I have carried a list of all meds in my wallet. I thimk everyone should.

Esteemed Contributor

I am currently on vitamin D precription for 8 weeks. This is the 2nd time my vitamin D has been extermely low (checked by blood work). I do not take C maybe I should. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles