Trusted Contributor

Re: Visits From Loved Ones Who Have Passed

I believe, but it's a been a long time since I've experienced the phenomenon. 

Respected Contributor

I have not experienced that, @Anonymous032819 ....but I certainly don't doubt your experience, or stories I have heard from friends and family,  There are lots of unexplained things in our world.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have experienced scents and I have felt the footprints of a pet walking across my bed and the jump getting on the bed.

I also took in a cat that belonged to a very very wealthy man whose family dumped the cat when the man died.  The cat lived with me for 6 years (by then he was 16) and when I had to take that horrible one-way ride with him to the vet - as I said my goodbyes to him I asked him, if it was at all possible, to try and send a message he arrived safely back in the arms of the wealthy man who loved him dearly.  After the trip to the vet, I took him to be cremated.  When I pulled up to the place with him, I opened the car door and put my feet on the ground.  There, right between my feet, was a shiny new penny - heads up!  I knew the cat was back with the man who loved him and they had sent a little "tip" as a sign just for me.  It brought a smile to my face and my tears stopped.  No, I do not think it was a coincidence...that penny from heaven was a gift.  

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

My aunt communicates when times are sad or anxiety-filled.  E.g., after her passing, she recognized my birthday with a single gorgeous rhododendron bloom on November 18.   They don’t bloom here at that time !!!

Another time, as I was dusting my office, I picked up a music box she had given me for Christmas.  Instead of the few notes a picked up box might sound, this time it played the entire song “ Raindrops Keep Falling On MY Head.”

As for smells, this past December when DH was having severe heart failure and Afib, I came home one night from Adoration.  Parked in the garage and noticed the smell of chrysanthemums.  Strange because there were no flowers in the house nor garage.  Unpacked the car and had to go back to the garage to see if I had imagined the flowers.  Smell was still there.  Googled “ chrysanthemums “: they are a symbol for love and good health and are the flower for the month of November, my month.  I thanked her.

When my mother needed assisted living arrangements for her severe dementia, I as the eldest was having great difficulty trying to help my father understand what was happening and needed to be done.  One day as I was bringing laundry down to the basement, I saw my grandfather who had passed years earlier sitting in a swivel chair.  I immediately told him that I saw him and would he please help his son, my father, get on with helping my mother’s situation.  As he “ disappeared “, I felt a tremendous calm envelope me.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sorry @Anonymous032819  but I don't believe in visits by spirits or their scents.  Perhaps your imagination is working overtime.

Happen to me twice with husband and father, but it,s ok for you not to believe and if he us do experience it.

Respected Contributor

My aunt communicates when times are sad or anxiety-filled.  E.g., after her passing, she recognized my birthday with a single gorgeous rhododendron bloom on November 18.   They don’t bloom here at that time !!!

Another time, as I was dusting my office, I picked up a music box she had given me for Christmas.  Instead of the few notes a picked up box might sound, this time it played the entire song “ Raindrops Keep Falling On MY Head.”

As for smells, this past December when DH was having severe heart failure and Afib, I came home one night from Adoration.  Parked in the garage and noticed the smell of chrysanthemums.  Strange because there were no flowers in the house nor garage.  Unpacked the car and had to go back to the garage to see if I had imagined the flowers.  Smell was still there.  Googled “ chrysanthemums “: they are a symbol for love and good health and are the flower for the month of November, my month.  I thanked her.

When my mother needed assisted living arrangements for her severe dementia, I as the eldest was having great difficulty trying to help my father understand what was happening and needed to be done.  One day as I was bringing laundry down to the basement, I saw my grandfather who had passed years earlier sitting in a swivel chair.  I immediately told him that I saw him and would he please help his son, my father, get on with helping my mother’s situation.  As he “ disappeared “, I felt a tremendous calm envelop me.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: sits From Loved Ones Who Have Passed

My late girlfriend was a chain smoker and that was the reason for her death, cigarettes.  When she passed, I often smelled cigarette smoke in my house which is a smoke free environment.  Having been a smoker I know the smell and was convinced it was the spirit of my friend.  In fact when I spoke to her daughter and mentioned it, she too had experienced the same.

I am a believer for the most part, I have experienced many unexplainable things.  I know there are skeptics and those who are fakers when it comes to this subject, but I know what I have felt and experienced are true.

Honored Contributor

Re: sits From Loved Ones Who Have Passed

@spiderw  Well if you were my "in person" friend I'd put my arms around you and tell you I believe too.

I think it's easier for people to be skeptics.  There are many things that doesn't make sense, yet we know it's there or did happen.

So, look how long people didn't believe in flying saucers.  Well, you know what?  They are now being investigated by the military.

Yepper.  Navy pilots and pilots that work for the airlines have actually taken pictures of things in the sky that cannot be explained.  

There's a guy who worked for the British government and he comes on Fox news periodically who says some amazing things about stuff in the sky.

So my point is, I'm with you about believing.  

I've read articles that have said that at one time we could hear loved one's who'd died, etc.  But over the years we lost the ability to hear ghosts (for want of a better word) because with all of the noises going on we'd all go crazy.

Think about it.  There are parts of our body that we still have and no longer use (wisdom teeth for one).

So, I'm with you and some other's....they can call me a nut job and I could care less.

I know what my lady tells me and there is no way she'd know what she tells me unless my late husband has told her.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Awww.  What perfume did your mother wear?

Honored Contributor

I've had other types of signs from my Mom who died last year. Things that just can't be a coincidence, as much as I try to explain them away as such. I wear her perfume, Inis was her favorite.

I sure wish she could really visit me, I miss her so much.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"