Honored Contributor

Re: Viruses from shopping channels?

I don't watch any t.v. station on my computer only watch on t.v..

I wouldn't doubt it. now a days  those hackers can send out viruses on anything and everything

Honored Contributor

In my computer history I have got a virus from QVC, HSN, capitalone, an online news site,and a couple more.  I havent in a while, but 8 am so careful.  Make sure you dont stay on one site long, clear cookies, and always remember to sign out.  Change passwords every week or so if you do a lot of shopping

some sites are rife with ads, and if you have a touch screen or ipad, barely a touch can send you to a fake site. 

Another thing i have learned when you do a search, look at the website you are about to click on, some ads, seach engine info take you to totally fake sites .  Ask me how I know, 😩😖😡

Honored Contributor

A month or two or so ago,  I was seeing (a few times) advertisements for a major brand laundry detergent) on this Q site.  They have disappeared since then. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So leery of emails since yes, they can use well known names but are not affliated with that company. I only went ot the website, got a warning popup and then work let me know I was compromised. Maybe our firewall is not strong. I am no techie to know.

Thanks, everyone!

Honored Contributor

I've got Windows 10.  Never heard of such a thing.  Never gotten a virus ever.  I shop a lot online.  (rarely QVC) I'm all over the place.  It has never happened.