Respected Contributor

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices

@LolaMontez 

@Nataliesgramma 

So you would prefer to not see any "news" about what's going on in the world???

Honored Contributor

We eat no beef or pork. DH MIGHT have one chicken breast a week... do not really care for meat. I  usually eat non meat source protein. 

i suppose if someone eats a lot of meat, this might me concerning....probably good that people will eat less  artery clogging meat....and less dependent on raising animals cruelly for human consumption. 

maybe this will switch people off of meat. Maybe a good thing.  The meat industry is really cruel. Good to change things up for the world perhaps....maybe a good outcome. 

Super Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@LolaMontez 

@Nataliesgramma 

So you would prefer to not see any "news" about what's going on in the world???

Ummmm, where did you read that in my comment? 

The notification that meat processing plants are temporarily closing down and there will be a shortage of meat can have only one result.  It will join toilet paper, paper towels, hand sanitizer, etc., on the list that no one can find because it scares the public making they believe they need to buy every package of meat they can find and stuff their freezer with it.

I am quite well-versed in current events and fake news, so you needn't worry about me, thank you. 

There is a shortage of CO2 gas, too, due to the reduction in ethanol production.  Perhaps you should run out and stock up on cases and cases of soda and beer.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

Could swear I replied to this post yesterday. Anyways, same reply! Sorry for those in the business of supplying these goods, but! Those types of foods I haven't eaten for decades so no effect for me.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Pepcid is sold out now. Only takes a ripple for people to go out of their heads.   My husband said "anybody ever heard of cereal " all he ate when he was in college.   

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So we'll have to eat a little less meat. Big deal...

Our arteries will thank us and the heart Dr.'s won't get to carve on us.

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL

Good luck losing weight eating pasta, Rice-A-Roni and bread.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Pepcid is sold out now. Only takes a ripple for people to go out of their heads.   My husband said "anybody ever heard of cereal " all he ate when he was in college.   

@SharkE 

Good for your husband, but why did he quit? Cereal is a big percentage of my daily food intake. I don't get the ones with sugar and other sweet coatings. I stick with just the closest ones to their natural state. Carbs? You bet, but I have no medical issues involving carbohydrates. For me, carbs are the best fuel for my active old body.

Get your husband back to cereal, the right kind is good for many.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL

Good luck losing weight eating pasta, Rice-A-Roni and bread.  

@tansy  Not everyone has weight issues... only those who OVEREAT and you do not have to eat pasta, bread or rice A roni...I never eat those and eat a healthy diet WITHOUT meat.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

That's not necessarily true. I've known plenty of strict vegans who were skinny as a rail and suffered clogged arteries & heart disease, and vice versa my dear grandma lived to be 100 and lived on meat and dairy her whole life. A lot is genetics and not what you eat.

Respected Contributor

This thead.........or "discussion" .....has turned very strange.  Sorry I had anything to do with it.