Honored Contributor

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices

@novamc1 wrote:

This thead.........or "discussion" .....has turned very strange.  Sorry I had anything to do with it.

@novamc1 

Any time food is brought up here a food fight ensues.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

This won't affect me. I only buy my meat from local farms in my area. Suooort your locals ladies! 

Oh yea, because we all have local farms nearby where we can go and buy our meat... Sure we do... Whatever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Now we are going to have people out panic buying meat

It goes without saying and, of couse, the more mentions on media and, I would add, social media like this, the more the panic buying... I believe there was a similar thread on this forum yesteday. I wonder how many more there will be before someone decides enough is enough...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

This won't affect me. I only buy my meat from local farms in my area. Suooort your locals ladies! 

Oh yea, because we all have local farms nearby where we can go and buy our meat... Whatever...

@stevieb   I thought she built her new 'cottage' in the middle of the woods or some such thing. But she has vegetables from the local farm, locally owned boutiques, and now local meat farms all right near her! etc.etc.etc.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So we'll have to eat a little less meat. Big deal...

Our arteries will thank us and the heart Dr.'s won't get to carve on us.

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL

Uh huh... except none of those are available either... 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I only have 2 stores to shop from United Supermarkets and Walmart

Forget Walmart. We have a Hispanic market in Amarillo, Tx called Fiesta Market , no shortage there.   Seek out off the wall stores. Health food stores, also.  Drug Emporium we have one in town you'd be amazed at the stuff they carry I can even get potato flour for my bread there.

You have to hit the bricks.

Oh yea, at the same time they're telling us to 'stay home'... Which is it... ?

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Oh yea, because we all have local farms nearby where we can go and buy our meat... Whatever...

@stevieb   I thought she built her new 'cottage' in the middle of the woods or some such thing. But she has vegetables from the local farm, locally owned boutiques, and now local meat farms all right near her! etc.etc.etc.

Wow, another thread that's gone off the rails. No need to attack ID2 just because she posted she has local farms in her area. What was wrong with that?

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@LolaMontez 

@Nataliesgramma 

So you would prefer to not see any "news" about what's going on in the world???

At this point, yea, pretty much... All the news seems to be rotten news and frankly, I think we've all had just about enough of all this fun, you know, with no relief...

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, another thread that's gone off the rails. No need to attack ID2 just because she posted she has local farms in her area. What was wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it but don't go all holier than thou and assume everyone has that same option.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I only have 2 stores to shop from United Supermarkets and Walmart

Forget Walmart. We have a Hispanic market in Amarillo, Tx called Fiesta Market , no shortage there.   Seek out off the wall stores. Health food stores, also.  Drug Emporium we have one in town you'd be amazed at the stuff they carry I can even get potato flour for my bread there.

You have to hit the bricks.

Oh yea, at the same time they're telling us to 'stay home'... Which is it... ?

@stevieb 

I think we're being told to stay home except for going out for essentials, like food.