Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices


@KKJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

This won't affect me. I only buy my meat from local farms in my area. Suooort your locals ladies! 


Oh yea, because we all have local farms nearby where we can go and buy our meat... Whatever...


@stevieb   I thought she built her new 'cottage' in the middle of the woods or some such thing. But she has vegetables from the local farm, locally owned boutiques, and now local meat farms all right near her! etc.etc.etc.


Wow, another thread that's gone off the rails. No need to attack ID2 just because she posted she has local farms in her area. What was wrong with that?


People are getting very, very cranky.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 61,146
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices


@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Sharke wrote:

I only have 2 stores to shop from United Supermarkets and Walmart

Forget Walmart. We have a Hispanic market in Amarillo, Tx called Fiesta Market , no shortage there.   Seek out off the wall stores. Health food stores, also.  Drug Emporium we have one in town you'd be amazed at the stuff they carry I can even get potato flour for my bread there.

 

You have to hit the bricks.


Oh yea, at the same time they're telling us to 'stay home'... Which is it... ?


@stevieb 

 

I think we're being told to stay home except for going out for essentials, like food.

 

 


@KittyLouWhoToo  Uh huh... I get that, but out is out and if we have to go to multiple stores simply trying to find essentials that's just more potential exposure when really, had there been competent management of this crisis a lot of this would have been unnecessary... In my view, too much was left to the states and to the marketplace to manage, it didn't work out so well and it's not getting any better.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,504
Registered: ‎10-01-2013

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices


@stevieb wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

This won't affect me. I only buy my meat from local farms in my area. Suooort your locals ladies! 


Oh yea, because we all have local farms nearby where we can go and buy our meat... Sure we do... Whatever...


@stevieb, you must remember that @ID2 has a perfect life and she always has all of the answers. Brag and boast seem to be her motto. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,128
Registered: ‎08-20-2014

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices

If it weren't for my husband I would just go back to being vegetarian again.  The thought that this whole mess stems from animal flesh sold under filthy conditions makes me squeamish toward meat anyway.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,243
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices


@Sharke wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So we'll have to eat a little less meat. Big deal...


Our arteries will thank us and the heart Dr.'s won't get to carve on us.

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL


@Sharke, your doctor isn't going to be thanking you for eating sodium laden Rice-A-Roni and neither will your heart.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,860
Registered: ‎01-02-2011

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices

 


@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tansy wrote:

 


@Sharke wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So we'll have to eat a little less meat. Big deal...


Our arteries will thank us and the heart Dr.'s won't get to carve on us.

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL


Good luck losing weight eating pasta, Rice-A-Roni and bread.  


@tansy  Not everyone has weight issues... only those who OVEREAT and you do not have to eat pasta, bread or rice A roni...I never eat those and eat a healthy diet WITHOUT meat.


@SeaMaiden, take it up with @sharke.  I don't eat rice and rarely eat pasta or bread.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,243
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tansy wrote:

 


@Sharke wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So we'll have to eat a little less meat. Big deal...


Our arteries will thank us and the heart Dr.'s won't get to carve on us.

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL


Good luck losing weight eating pasta, Rice-A-Roni and bread.  


@tansy  Not everyone has weight issues... only those who OVEREAT and you do not have to eat pasta, bread or rice A roni...I never eat those and eat a healthy diet WITHOUT meat.


@SeaMaiden, if you read sharke's reply, she herself said she needs to lose 10 pounds and she's also the one that doesn't seem to care that their is/could be a shortage of meat because she'll just eat pasta, beans and rice a roni. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices


@stevieb wrote:

@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Sharke wrote:

I only have 2 stores to shop from United Supermarkets and Walmart

Forget Walmart. We have a Hispanic market in Amarillo, Tx called Fiesta Market , no shortage there.   Seek out off the wall stores. Health food stores, also.  Drug Emporium we have one in town you'd be amazed at the stuff they carry I can even get potato flour for my bread there.

 

You have to hit the bricks.


Oh yea, at the same time they're telling us to 'stay home'... Which is it... ?


@stevieb 

 

I think we're being told to stay home except for going out for essentials, like food.

 

 


@KittyLouWhoToo  Uh huh... I get that, but out is out and if we have to go to multiple stores simply trying to find essentials that's just more potential exposure when really, had there been competent management of this crisis a lot of this would have been unnecessary... In my view, too much was left to the states and to the marketplace to manage, it didn't work out so well and it's not getting any better.


@stevieb 

 

Well, we all have to make our decision about how many places we are willing to go to to find the food we need.  I have "settled" for some things rather than enter another store.  Hasn't been that big a deal to me.

 

If I say any more here I will get into a realm that would probably be considered political so I will just move along.......................

Honored Contributor
Posts: 61,146
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices

Before this thread disappears and it will... let me just say, to me, this isn't about the more noble among us who can find ways to 'tough it out' and to 'make do'... It's not about how much meat any given one of us might or might not eat anyway and hence how impacted (or not) we might be by this latest little lump of excrement in the punch bowl... It isn't about who has a local farmer and who doesn't or who can get by on beans, rice and cereal (assuming they can find them) and who can't... It's about the reality that we're now three months into this and nothing is being effectively managed... On top of the threat of illness or worse, its one freaking kick in the seat after another... Grocery store shelves haven't been stocked for the duration of this situation... There hasn't been enough of anything to go around and now, thanks once again to poor management. to states making their own calls about too many things and to supply chain managers left to their own devices we'll enjoy yet another deprivation, with moronic neighbors hording and retailers gouging prices... Are we having fun yet?


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,488
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices


@PilatesLover wrote:

If it weren't for my husband I would just go back to being vegetarian again.  The thought that this whole mess stems from animal flesh sold under filthy conditions makes me squeamish toward meat anyway.

 

 


@PilatesLover 

 

It's really very sad, all the way around.