Honored Contributor

Re: Virus expected to reduce meat supply, raise prices

Did anyone happen to see/hear that Tyson CONVENIENTLY took out "the ad" right about the same time people were ready to blow the whistle on them, and other meat plants, for failure to provide protective gear for their employees....Talk about diverting attention away from themselves and have people focus their attention instead about stocking up/hoarding the meat supply that's already out there....Woman Frustrated  The CDC and Governors setting state standards where the meat plants are located should have read them the riot act!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So we'll have to eat a little less meat. Big deal...

Our arteries will thank us and the heart Dr.'s won't get to carve on us.

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Now we are going to have people out panic buying meat

@Nataliesgramma 

Yep, you got it...but there should be plenty of toilet paper now as people turn their focus to meat!!!

@GoneButNotForgotten   @SharkE 

What do you mean "less"????  Some cant find any at all...and there's a run on alternatives as well...so what are people supposed to eat ....pasta, beans, rice, soup are missing from empty shelves as are frozen foods....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

now everyone will go buy up all of the meat at all the stores!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So we'll have to eat a little less meat. Big deal...

Our arteries will thank us and the heart Dr.'s won't get to carve on us.

Think pasta, bean dishes, rice a roni, save money too. I need to lose 10 lbs , so, won't hurt me. Give my pressure cooker a rest, too. LOL

Except all beans and rice have been gone from my store shelves for at least the last two months.

Honored Contributor

The meat counter has been sparse in our stores since this all started. Prices will soar and I will be eating less meat. I do order from Schwan's, but they have been out of many items recently. 

Honored Contributor

I only have 2 stores to shop from United Supermarkets and Walmart

Forget Walmart. We have a Hispanic market in Amarillo, Tx called Fiesta Market , no shortage there.   Seek out off the wall stores. Health food stores, also.  Drug Emporium we have one in town you'd be amazed at the stuff they carry I can even get potato flour for my bread there.

You have to hit the bricks.

Respected Contributor

There's a difference between  "hoarding" and simply  the fact that more people  need to buy more groceries-per-household these days because of the virus.

Working parents whose businesses and offices are closed  are  working from home all day...........and their kids whose schools are closed are eating multiple meals everyday at home. 

Lots of  food  is now needed-per-household........which leaves not as much left in the store for the rest of us.

Honored Contributor

Although I’m not a vegetarian, I don’t eat pork, lamb, veal, or beef, so this won’t really effect me. At a time when money is tight for many, we are spending more money at the grocery store then we did. I really feel for families that are struggling to put food on the table.

Super Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Now we are going to have people out panic buying meat

EXACTLY!  All this news does is make people hoard the meat that has already been in short supply.