Respected Contributor

We’ve never had any young ones to shop for at the holidays, so DH and I have usually participated in programs like the Salvation Army’s angel tree, or adopt a family programs, etc. We are not doing that type of shopping in person now but I just discovered that Walmart is collaborating with the Salvation Army to do virtual angel trees.

You can search for “Walmart angel tree” to find the site, then enter your zip code to see what is needed in your area. You choose the items from a registry to put in your shopping cart, check out and then Walmart will deliver them to the Salvation Army.  There are clothing options in addition to toys. I was happy to find a safe way to carry on our tradition this year.

Honored Contributor

One of our local charities has the same thing in connection with Target.  Great idea.

Respected Contributor

I forgot to mention you can also select gift cards in a variety of denominations. 

Frequent Contributor

@tucsongal 

Thank you so much for posting this information. I went in and it worked exactly as you stated.

Merry Christmas!
Reggie

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Virtual angel tree

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for letting us know about this great opportunuty to help others. My husband andd I were able to purchase some toys, coats, gloves and hats and a gift card and it really made our day Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ReggieRagu @chatnoir15 I was glad to share this 🙂. And welcome to the boards, looks like you both might be fairly new.

Trusted Contributor

@tucsongal Thank you for sharing this! So very kind of you.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

@kathie66 You’re very welcome 🙂

Frequent Contributor

@tucsongal 

No, not new...I read a lot but rarely post . Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

Reggie