Esteemed Contributor

Re: Virginia Beach shootings

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@momtochloe, You are so right.  You never get over it.  Still in the news, as some unethical person(s) said it was a staged event.

Families were harrassed.  Threatened.  Due to a lawsuit, I think that hell is now over.  I hope and pray that never happens again to any victims’ families ever, ever again.  Talk about vile.

@PamfromCT  I will never get over what he did in order to get what?  Money?  I truly, truly will never get over the damage he did to those families.  Never. Sorry I'm on quite a roll today but think he should have to wake up each and every day to the photos of those children that were literally blown apart by the arsenal that Adam Lanza unleashed.

Every day.

Every day.

QVC Customer Care

@Anonymous032819 

As long as there are no political postings on this thread (as was the case for the deleted one) this will remain open.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC 

I was just curious! Thank-you!!!HeartSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@momtochloe, You are so right.  You never get over it.  Still in the news, as some unethical person(s) said it was a staged event.

Families were harrassed.  Threatened.  Due to a lawsuit, I think that hell is now over.  I hope and pray that never happens again to any victims’ families ever, ever again.  Talk about vile.

@PamfromCT  I will never get over what he did in order to get what?  Money?  I truly, truly will never get over the damage he did to those families.  Never. Sorry I'm on quite a roll today but think he should have to wake up each and every day to the photos of those children that were literally blown apart by the arsenal that Adam Lanza unleashed.

Every day.

Every day.

I don't want to wind you up any further, @momtochloe , but he is just a part of a proliferation in conspiracy theories gone wild. It's a very disturbing symptom of the decay of our social contract and the chaos we face every day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Every day.

Every day.

I don't want to wind you further, @momtochloe , but he is just a part of a proliferation in conspiracy theories gone wild. It's a very disturbing symptom of the decay of our social contract and the chaos we face everyday.

Fair enough @suzyQ3 and yes absolutely but whether he was a part of an online made up consipiracy or just someone that thought maybe he wasn't getting his but the bottom line is he had a ton of firepower and now dozens of folks that were just going about their day are dead.

That will never sit well with me.

For me, we need to look into that.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Every day.

Every day.

I don't want to wind you further, @momtochloe , but he is just a part of a proliferation in conspiracy theories gone wild. It's a very disturbing symptom of the decay of our social contract and the chaos we face everyday.

Fair enough @suzyQ3 and yes absolutely but whether he was a part of an online made up consipiracy or just someone that thought maybe he wasn't getting his but the bottom line is he had a ton of firepower and now dozens of folks that were just going about their day are dead.

Hmm, @momtochloe , just to be sure, you know that my reply was about the conspiracy person(s). His or their only firepower were heinous words; right?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking about this yesterday, and we have lost the art of communication. We tend to talk in "sound bites". We communicate by text, and not face-to-face.

Couple that with more and more employees who feel beaten down by their bosses, and trapped by their jobs.

Employers are expecting more from their employees.

Work harder.

Work faster.

Get more done.

What took two or three employees to do, they now expect one person to do.

They need the job in order to take care of their families, so they can't just up and quit.

There is a lot of frustrated, angry employees out there.

Then today, I read that the shooter was heavy in going to the gym, so I thought, " 'Roid rage?"

So, you take lack of dialogue skills + angry employee + possible steroid use = a powder keg ready to explode.

Anyway, that's just my take on it.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Every day.

Every day.

Hmm, @momtochloe , just to be sure, you know that my reply was about the conspiracy person(s). His or their only firepower were heinous words; right?

Ok @suzyQ3 to be honest I am having a hard time with all of this,

For me, this isn't hard.  Unfortunately we have lost our sense of sensibility and now the whole planet is running around with their hair on fire.  It's not hard.  Stop it.  Take a breath and think about what would be your next logiical step.  I am sorry that my generation didn't hand that piece of wisdom down as we should have but here we are.  I beg of our next genration, dig deep and then run!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I was thinking about this yesterday, and we have lost the art of communication. We tend to talk in "sound bites". We communicate by text, and not face-to-face.

Couple that with more and more employees who feel beaten down by their bosses, and trapped by their jobs.

Employers are expecting more from their employees.

Work harder.

Work faster.

Get more done.

What took two or three employees to do, they now expect one person to do.

They need the job in order to take care of their families, so they can't just up and quit.

There is a lot of frustrated, angry employees out there.

Then today, I read that the shooter was heavy in going to the gym, so I thought, " 'Roid rage?"

So, you take lack of dialogue skills + angry employee + possible steroid use = a powder keg ready to explode.

Anyway, that's just my take on it.

@Anonymous032819  couldn't agree more, great post.  Thank you!