Re: Virginia Beach shootings

[ Edited ]

The Victims

May they rest in peace.  They are us.

(Courtesy of City of Virginia Beach)

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@bathina  How many dead before it's considered a "mass" shooting over active shooter incidents?

I believe the number is 4.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

@golding76, nothing brings it home like forcing us to see the people up close. Otherwise, it's just abstract.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

The faces make it real.  So very sad.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

@golding76, thank you for posting this. Bless them all.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

@golding76, nothing brings it home like forcing us to see the people up close. Otherwise, it's just abstract.

This makes me ill. I bet every one of these people had plans for this weekend, had loved ones who expected them to come home last night. Who would ever think they would be involved in yet another mass shooting.

I always say this- if 20 babies, their fragile little bodies ripped to shreds by an AR-15 while sitting in their 1st grade classrooms couldn't move us to do something. Nothing will ever be done. It is this country's new normal. Pitiful. Shameful. Disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

This makes me ill. I bet every one of these people had plans for this weekend, had loved ones who expected them to come home last night. Who would ever think they would be involved in yet another mass shooting.

I always say this- if 20 babies, their fragile little bodies ripped to shreds by an AR-15 while sitting in their 1st grade classrooms couldn't move us to do something. Nothing will ever be done. It is this country's new normal. Pitiful. Shameful. Disgusting.

@bathina, it's akin to what has changed about our wars. We no longer see the horrific battles and aftermath on the nightly news or anywhere else. It distances us, and the consequences are devastating.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

@bathina 

Our culture is sick.  I think it's going to be a tough fix.  If we even can.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

@bathina 

God forgive me, I think it's too late.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

The Victims

@bathina 

God forgive me, I think it's too late.

It does feel like we're on a roller coaster that keeps picking up speed.