Honored Contributor

@Hoping our chemist on here ,can tell me does vinegar kill germs?Paging SilleeMee!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

A quick google search

white vinegar) is a great disinfectant. It also acts as a deodorizer and cuts grease. You can tackle salmonella, E. coli and other “gram-negative” bacteria with vinegar.

Google is amazing

Honored Contributor

Yes, they use it in some restaurants on the flat tops.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

A quick google search

white vinegar) is a great disinfectant. It also acts as a deodorizer and cuts grease. You can tackle salmonella, E. coli and other “gram-negative” bacteria with vinegar.

Google is amazing

Yes, i did google !! Is it okay with you if i ask her?She has good knowleged.

Honored Contributor

It seems i have to  explain why i asked!! Been using it for years,there is a difference of opinion on this!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Question above from @goldensrbest 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Hoping our chemist on here ,can tell me does vinegar kill germs?Paging SilleeMee!!

Yes, it will kill some germs. But not all, including some bad strains of staph and some other pathogens. The EPA has a registry of all the disinfectants and vinegar is not one of them. @goldensrbest 

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter  I have also seen restaurants/bars using Windex on the tables and bar tops.  Would ammonia be a germ killer, too?

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Yes, they use it in some restaurants on the flat tops.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

The problem with using an inadequate disinfectant is that it tends to 'clean house' for the more serious kinds of pathogens by making room for the bad ones to grow. If you are going to disinfect an area then that needs to knock down all the potentially infectious agents, not just a specific group of them. Broad-spec disinfectants kill most things but most can be caustic or volatile to breath. The key to reducing contaminants is to prevent them from taking hold to begin with. Germs thrive where there is moisture. Reduce the moisture, keep it dry and minimize dust.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Travone wrote:

A quick google search

Google is amazing

Yes, i did google !! Is it okay with you if i ask her?She has good knowleged.

@goldensrbest 

Don't feel bad. I got taken to task too, for simply asking a question.

I was also told to "Google" for an answer.

Nowhere in the Standards does it say specifically, "No questions can be asked". If I does, I missed it.

There are those here who just absolutely hate it when any questions are asked here.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.