Honored Contributor

Re: Video of grandfather, toddler and cruise ship is up....

As of Wednesday, 11/20 11am, the prosecutors have NOT

released the surveillance video to the public. 

Respected Contributor

The child didn't die because the grandfather sat her on a railing. The child died because a window was open that probably shouldn't have been. I think the cruise line will end up having some responsibility for this tragedy.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Did you check out the link to YouTube someone provided in this thread showing the video? I did not (no desire to). I have to wonder with all the cameras on that ship if any of them (or someone who filmed it on a phone)  published a video. Considering what you can find on the web, it wouldn't surprise me Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@sidsmom Did you check out the link to YouTube someone provided in this thread showing the video? I did not (no desire to). I have to wonder with all the cameras on that ship if any of them (or someone who filmed it on a phone)  published a video. Considering what you can find on the web, it wouldn't surprise me Smiley Sad

I clicked on the link, and it just led to YouTube, not a particular video.  I also did a quick search, cringing the whole time because I really didn't want to find it.  And I didn't.  There are videos, but it's just news reports, people who saw the video talking about it, etc.  I'm not pursuing this any further, but thought I would reply since people are wondering.

Such a tragedy for everyone involved.  There are no winners here no matter how the legal stuff turns out.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

The child didn't die because the grandfather sat her on a railing. The child died because a window was open that probably shouldn't have been. I think the cruise line will end up having some responsibility for this tragedy.

I wonder how many children were in that room at the time the child fell.  It's amazing that only one child fell from the window.

Oh wait!  The rest of the adults were smart enough not to.place their children on.a rail in front of a window.  That poor child died because of poor.judgement from.her grandfather.  What he did was stupid and negligent.

I wonder if he is of sound mind. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@bathina wrote:

I wonder how many children were in that room at the time the child fell.  It's amazing that only one child fell from the window.

Oh wait!  The rest of the adults were smart enough not to.place their children on.a rail in front of a window.  That poor child died because of poor.judgement from.her grandfather.  What he did was stupid and negligent.

Do you think the cruise line leaves that window open now?

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina  This is a cruise ship. There are decks open to the sea with railings. Not everything is enclosed. This is a cruise after all. Be aware of your surroundings. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina  This is a cruise ship. There are decks open to the sea with railings. Not everything is enclosed. This is a cruise after all. Be aware of your surroundings. 

But the child fell through an open window. The only open window in an entire set of windows. Do you think the cruise line still leaves that window open?

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@bathina wrote:

But the child fell through an open window. The only open window in an entire set of windows. Do you think the cruise line still leaves that window open?

@bathina   The windows are meant to be opened & closed.  During a cruise it can get both cool or warm while on deck.  When the windows are open people sitting in the area can get a nice breeze.  The windowed area is basically a long walkway (not a room) along the deck with some areas having chairs or lounge chairs along the deck.

I would hate to go on a cruise and not be able to sit in a sheltered area outside with only closed windows.  Plus it's obvious when a window is open or closed....the glass is tinted.

QVC Customer Care