Honored Contributor

Re: Video of grandfather, toddler and cruise ship is up....

I do not think my statement is dramatic, when a tragic  accident happens ,especially with a child, the amount of stress is very high,  that type of stress,plus any guilty feelings is overwhelming.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I understood completely where you were coming from.  Had I been the person who dropped the child to her death I would have found some way to run into oncoming traffic.  I don't think I would have the will to live, even if everyone tried to convince me that it was an accident.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I just now watched the interview with Chloe's grandpa. 

This is such a sad, and tragic loss. I don't know how anything could be worse honestly. 

It would be best for all if no blame was placed on anyone, and let hearts try to heal. 

My prayers to Chloe's family. 

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

I just now watched the interview with Chloe's grandpa. 

This is such a sad, and tragic loss. I don't know how anything could be worse honestly. 

It would be best for all if no blame was placed on anyone, and let hearts try to heal. 

My prayers to Chloe's family. 

Well I think that train left the station when the family decided to go on TV.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

How could not feel the breeze coming in, smell the sea air and hear the sounds outside when the window is open? 

That is exactly what I thought.

Honored Contributor

There has to be multiple videos from different angles from both security footage as well as passenger personal videos and eye witnesses.

PR would not be prosecuting if they didn't have some really solid evidence to back it up.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

If I were the parents of that child, I'd tell the grandfather to shut the hell up already and quit acting like he's the victim in this case. 😡

Respected Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

How could not feel the breeze coming in, smell the sea air and hear the sounds outside when the window is open? 

That is exactly what I thought.

This is gonna be his defense....he is sticking to it.  The jury will have to be convinced.  I wonder if the judge will let the jury go on board the ship and walk up to the railing with open and closed windows to see if this story is believable.

I also suspect there is probably more video of him leaning out open windows doing this same thing during the trip.  This is gonna be difficult to sell a jury IMO.  

Super Contributor

The entire family has been on news shows since a couple of weeks after this happened.  Mom and dad were on the Today show 2 weeks after the accident.  Grandfather has given at least 2 interviews, the latest one on CBS This Morning show.  I wouldn't give any news show interviews if I had that happen.  Just my opinion.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@new nickname 4 wrote:

The entire family has been on news shows since a couple of weeks after this happened.  Mom and dad were on the Today show 2 weeks after the accident.  Grandfather has given at least 2 interviews, the latest one on CBS This Morning show.  I wouldn't give any news show interviews if I had that happen.  Just my opinion.  

There was part of an interview he gave to abc on the national news tonight.  He is colorblind.  There is a video not shown that shows him looking leaning out the window, then standing her on the railing, then sitting her on the railing.  Then he looses his grip and she falls.  he is a big man. She was a tiny thing.  He must have been drunk.  There is no way you woukdnt feel that breeze coming thru the open window.