Respected Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret is "Out of Touch"

Is Fredericks of Hollywood still in business? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Real, mature women are put off by the look VS is promoting. Especially in the “Me, Too” mentality, we want to be seen and appreciated for our brains and capabilities, not what’s underneath our clothes. 

This is a fancy way of saying ‘the skirt was too short.’

#MeToo has nothing to do with clothing/skin.

Hopefully 2019 will yield a better understanding of #MeToo,

’cuz we have a long way to go. 

@sidsmom  Unwanted “acts” against women in the workplace is quite real. I’d never discount that. Those committing these crimes do so because they think they are entitled. There is a very small % of women who do, however, not dress appropriately for the work place. If a male boss is already in the mindset of entitlement, low cut tops w/ pushed up boobies, tight, short skits DO send the wrong message. 

Again, #MeToo has -nothing- to do with clothing/skin.

It’s embarrassing people don’t understand this.

Can’t believe it’s 2018 and we STILL don’t understand.

Sexual harassment & sexual assault occurs everywhere.

Read. Learn. Educate oneself. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I 1st purchased cotton Soma bras that are made for mastectomy patients from Soma; I have branched out into some very pretty lacy bras that Soma also carries.

The mastectomy have no wires or structure and are very soft. Soft was what I wanted.

I would suggest looking at the online catalog then go into a store and get sized. Explain you are just looking, no pressure.

The shops dont have the bells and whistles of VS but are comfortable and attractive w/private dressing rooms.

Respected Contributor

My goodness!  Is this thread still going?   How intelligent do you need to be to beat up on some underwear that doesn't get seen anyway.  Can't really blame anything on underwear.  Now, you may just live someplace where that's all women wear (nothing over it).  But even then I would prefer looking at some lacy garments vs.

Image result for ladies bloomers

Come to think of it, these are not bad either.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

My goodness!  Is this thread still going?   How intelligent do you need to be to beat up on some underwear that doesn't get seen anyway.  Can't really blame anything on underwear.  Now, you may just live someplace where that's all women wear (nothing over it).  But even then I would prefer looking at some lacy garments vs.

@CLEM  Who said no one’s seeing my undies? 😜

Valued Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

---

I kind of like those; vertical stripes are so slimming. Could do without the black lace trim, though. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have a pair of their sweat pants and hoodie. It is so comfy. The underwear I bought last time were lace and they are just not holding up. Sovnext time I won’t get the lacy kind. I also have two pair of light weight pajamas. They are very nice for summer.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@Shanus  I 1st purchased cotton Soma bras that are made for mastectomy patients from Soma; I have branched out into some very pretty lacy bras that Soma also carries.

The mastectomy have no wires or structure and are very soft. Soft was what I wanted.

I would suggest looking at the online catalog then go into a store and get sized. Explain you are just looking, no pressure.

The shops dont have the bells and whistles of VS but are comfortable and attractive w/private dressing rooms.

@maestra  Thanks for the info. I’m 20 yrs. passed reconstruction, so underwires, etc. do not bother me. I just don’t need all the extra support...push-up stuff. The “girls” will be saluting long after I’m pushing up daisies. 😄