Respected Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret is "Out of Touch"

Victoria was my signature scent in the late 80s. I wish they still made it. I had the whole set. I loved how they looked on my vanity. Especially the dusting powder which came in a glass holder with a deep blue cover.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Real, mature women are put off by the look VS is promoting. Especially in the “Me, Too” mentality, we want to be seen and appreciated for our brains and capabilities, not what’s underneath our clothes. 

Really???????????

@CLEM  Yes, really. I think the ads and mall store windows  when I walk by with my young granddaughters send the wrong message.

What message do you think that they are sending?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Real, mature women are put off by the look VS is promoting. Especially in the “Me, Too” mentality, we want to be seen and appreciated for our brains and capabilities, not what’s underneath our clothes. 

Really???????????

@CLEM  Yes, really. I think the ads and mall store windows  when I walk by with my young granddaughters send the wrong message.

@mom2four0418....That women should sprout wings and fly around in their underwear!...LOLOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

Victoria's Secret used to have nice stuff. But it's been years since they've had nice stuff. That's the problem. 

I had wonderful all-cotton VS nightshirts and PJs I got years ago as gifts. They were even known for having the softest thermal long-underwear for women on the market. 

They haven't carried high-quality products like that in years. For years their quality has been horrible and women know that and have been shopping elsewhere. Add to that the tacky, dated, Playboy Bunny-style image and...well, another retail train wreck on the horizon. 

Respected Contributor

@traveler wrote:

They are a male fantasy.

Maybe that's her secret???

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I've never really gotten in to buying lingerie from VS. Just didn't like it, and the bras really don't fit me that well. I've had much better luck with Soma. But Rapture, which is now discontinued, has been my fall/winter signature scent for many, many years. I won't even begin to tell y'all how much I've spent buying up lotion/body wash/perfume from any place I can get it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Really???????????

@mom2four0418  I never thought about there being a message at all.  I went to the King of Prussia Mall with a friend who wanted to get something from them and went in.  I started to look around and I guess I wasn't their type of customer so they herded me out.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Really???????????

@mom2four0418  I never thought about there being a message at all.  I went to the King of Prussia Mall with a friend who wanted to get something from them and went in.  I started to look around and I guess I wasn't their type of customer so they herded me out.

@CLEM wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Really???????????

Thank you but my question was for @Shanus as she made the comment.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I used to wear their panties. Never really did find a bra there that ever fit right or was not uncomfortable.and, definitely not made for the large breasted woman out there either!

I did like their PINK line of sweats,  bought way too many of those over the years.

Also have a set or two of their jammie sets.

My daughter wears their stuff - from the bras to the sport line of clothing. I do still get a bottle here and there of their body spray - they do have a few I like.

Most definitely not the same as far as quality or choices though as they once had in clothing. I actually still have some of those older sweats - still going strong and looking good. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Oh please!! I couldn't disagree with this poster statement more! Why can't women wear pretty and (yes) sexy underwear for themselves? When I am wearing sexy underwear, I feel very confident and attractive on the outside. A win-win for women! The "me too" mentality is just that, a mentality.

@ID2  I said we wanted to be “seen for our brains”...by others...Of course, I wear my lace undies for DH and yes, I also like the feel of sexy for just myself, too. Thanks for the clarification.