Respected Contributor

Re: Victoria's Secret is "Out of Touch"

They are a male fantasy.

Respected Contributor

I was in the store yesterday. I do agree w/ a couple of the comments the posters made, but I still like their bras. I have many and they were very comfortable and
long lasting . Also, all their workout wear and sweats are 40% off in stores this weekend..
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Real, mature women are put off by the look VS is promoting. Especially in the “Me, Too” mentality, we want to be seen and appreciated for our brains and capabilities, not what’s underneath our clothes. 

Really???????????

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Real, mature women are put off by the look VS is promoting. Especially in the “Me, Too” mentality, we want to be seen and appreciated for our brains and capabilities, not what’s underneath our clothes. 

Really???????????

@CLEM  Yes, really. I think the ads and mall store windows  when I walk by with my young granddaughters send the wrong message.

Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
I was in the store yesterday. I do agree w/ a couple of the comments the posters made, but I still like their bras. I have many and they were very comfortable and
long lasting . Also, all their workout wear and sweats are 40% off in stores this weekend..

@KKlim

my 22 year old daughter still love their bras, their undies, and their loungewear/athletic wear. she never buys full price and always wait for good sales or coupons.

the stores in our mall are ALWAYS packed.......same with their outlets store.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

i think that at one time, vs had some nice scents and lotions. i've never really cared for the undergarments.  looked and felt poor quality, not my style.  then they started "updating" all the fragrances, took away all the old ones. 

they all smell like something a teenager would wear.  haven't been in a vs store in years. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

I can be appreciated for my brain and capabilities and still want sexy underwear.

My biggest beef with VS has always been their poorly made and ill fitting bras.

Honored Contributor

I never, ever thought of VS for every day lingerie.  Even when I used to buy VS, it was for special occasions only — honeymoon, date night, romantic vacations, etc.  They were never for comfort or longevity for me.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

I can be appreciated for my brain and capabilities and still want sexy underwear.

@QueenDanceALot  I agree. I’ve mentioned here my big color splurge is my matching colored, lace undies...purchased through other catalogs, dept. stores where tastefully displayed. Yes, my brains, not panties should be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

@QueenDanceALot  I agree. I’ve mentioned here my big color splurge is my matching colored, lace undies...purchased through other catalogs, dept. stores where tastefully displayed. Yes, my brains, not panties should be appreciated.

@Shanus

Personally, I like appreciation for both my brains and my body.

Not necessarily at the same time, but......

Cat LOL