Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vicky White/Casey White in Custody in Indiana

A sad and lonely woman. Many psychopaths have charming personalities.
Honored Contributor

What  in the world would make a women   put herself ,job, and embarrassment for family ,to help a criminal? I guess she could not live with the shame,

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

How do we find out the statistics?  

Who is *duped/conned* more?

Women or Men?

I'd say it's pretty darn even.  jmho yvmv

Honored Contributor

One statistic that caught my ear:  45% of prisoners are psychopaths.  I have a hard time believing that.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

Oh, I don't.

When you read about these cases and the horrific, unwarranted crimes they committed against another human being, I'm convinced they have to be psychopaths.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

One statistic that caught my ear:  45% of prisoners are psychopaths.  I have a hard time believing that.

@depglass   Source for that statistic?

Just asking politely in case somebody reports me for baiting.

Yeesh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The term "psychopath" is bandied about without knowning the criteria used to assess psychopathy.

Since people assume that crime is associated with all psychopaths, the term is often applied to prisoners entering the system.  That alone does not validate statistics nor does it make the prisoners psychopaths.

From the Naional LIbray of Medicine:

(except from an article by Kiehl and Hoffman)

Quote from Grisolia:

When we attempt to focus on the psychopath, we find various difficulties. Most large-scale studies are based on behaviors (childhood aggression, criminal arrests, etc.) with only rare reference to the specific diagnosis of the violent subjects. This point is crucial, as the majority of aggressive individuals or even convicted criminals are not psychopaths, even though committing criminal acts is needed to fulfill definitions for either antisocial personality disorder or psychopathy.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

UPDATE

Alabama Inmate Casey White, Who Escaped Prison With Jailer's Help, Gets Life Sentence.

White, 39, escaped jail in 2022 with the help of a corrections officer, who he was romantically involved with and later shot herself as police were closing in on them.

News Nation

Brian Entin / twitter

Casey White arrived for his sentencing in Florence, Alabama, on June 8th.

No cameras allowed but I’m in the courtroom now. One of the deputies was just telling me how Vicky was her boss and still no one here can believe this actually happened. “If you told me Vicky would do that, I’d bet my legs being cut off she wouldn’t” she said.

Also-interesting media rule here at the Lauderdale County, Alabama courthouse. No cameras allowed in the actual courtroom. But photographers can take turns shooting through the very small window in the door.

It’s weird being back. I lived and breathed this while Vicky and Casey were on the run. But it’s nice to see Retired Sheriff Singleton — a stand up guy. He says he is enjoying retirement & doing a lot of yard work. You can tell he really liked Vicky & is still troubled by it all.

Vicky White’s family is here. Her mom wanted to speak today at the sentencing but is too emotional.

Casey White just sentenced to life in prison for his escape. He spoke to the court and Vicky’s family and said they fell in love. He said the only thing Vicky regretted was hurting her family.

The judge says it is his duty to make sure Casey White or his family do not make money off his story.