Honored Contributor

Re: Very unhappy with QVC right now

[ Edited ]

I think it says that check orders are not guaranteed because they don't process the actual order until they receive your check, as it should be.  So although you ordered it while in stock, until they get your PAYMENT, you didn't actually purchase it and run the risk of losing out if the item sells out before then. Inventory is not technically "held" for you.

Some people use check orders to "hold" the product until they decide if they really want it. I am sure QVC loses alot of money by people doing this and not ever going through with the order. It also isn't fair to customers who want the item and pay for it immediately to not be able to, especially if it is at a TSV price or temporarily discounted price,  because someone wants to hold the item for awhile in order to decide if they really want it.

Frome QVC.com:

"When will my order be processed if I pay by check?

Your order cannot be processed until we receive payment. Please be sure to promptly mail your check with the order number written on the check. If your check is not received within 10 days, your order will automatically be cancelled."

@CouponQueen sorry I didn't see your post before that said essentially the same thing. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Backordered means more will arrive. "Sold out" means you're pretty much never going to see it again... but not always!

OP, if you really want it, keep the sale and wait. I've received items 6 weeks after the purchase.

Not necessarily. I've had two items on backorder and then eventually cancelled after 3-4 months on backorder.  More neve arrived.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Some of us are missing the point here.  Yes, check orders may be at the end of the line, but the point is this:  Even the last person in line should get her item without it being on backorder.  If they have 1 million items to ship, they should not take 1,000,001 orders for them.   There is no excuse for this.  I am with the OP on this one.

Oh then QVC will be stuck with a high amount of inventory for all those placing check orders and then not following through with their payments. No, it is a business- they bought a certain amount of items, first come first served. They are not going to hold, say, even one percent of the orders for check order people that have a 50/50 chance of never completing the order. That would not make good business sense at all. I don't think anyone is missing the point but perhaps you- QVC is going to do what makes the most business sense, not what is convenient for customers that haven't committed to the purchase when others are willing to do so.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Some of us are missing the point here.  Yes, check orders may be at the end of the line, but the point is this:  Even the last person in line should get her item without it being on backorder.  If they have 1 million items to ship, they should not take 1,000,001 orders for them.   There is no excuse for this.  I am with the OP on this one.

Oh then QVC will be stuck with a high amount of inventory for all those placing check orders and then not following through with their payments. No, it is a business- they bought a certain amount of items, first come first served. They are not going to hold, say, even one percent of the orders for check order people that have a 50/50 chance of never completing the order. That would not make good business sense at all. I don't think anyone is missing the point but perhaps you- QVC is going to do what makes the most business sense, not what is convenient for customers that haven't committed to the purchase when others are willing to do so.

I'm also speculating that people who make check orders flake out a lot and don't follow through with the purchase.    

OP, if you really want something, pay for it by credit card.

Honored Contributor

Some people use check hold as a way of delaying purchase until they see reviews online or in various forums before changing the order payment to credit card.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Some people use check hold as a way of delaying purchase until they see reviews online or in various forums before changing the order payment to credit card.

Yes that has been addressed in this thread.  I personally think that's crummy.  

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Well, then, they take their chances and shouldn't whine if the sale falls through.   Sometimes (well, all of the time) you just need to make up your mind on a purchase.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl Now THAT is a real burn from QVC. That is terrible that happened. That has nothing to do with inventory. That was low of them.

They could have told you you could have easy pay, "but here is what will happen...." and you could have instantly made your decision to opt out and just leave your order as was.

I have been a Q customer since the early 90's and it has taken me some time to realize "the Q I knew" no longer exists. They really did go above and beyond when they were smaller and trying to get people to trust "shopping by TV'.

Now online shopping is the norm, so all the customer care and service is long gone. They have mediocre customer service now, at best, but they are nowhere NEAR what they used to be.

(sorry, I don't know how to quote others, so those that did not see Mousie's post....you can go look to see what they did to her order).

I would have been upset. You could not have made an informed decision because they did not bother to tell you, and you got s*crewed in that instance.

Thanks for posting that. It is good to share information like that so we all can be forewarned. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Well, then, they take their chances and shouldn't whine if the sale falls through.   Sometimes (well, all of the time) you just need to make up your mind on a purchase.

I definitely agree, especially when quantities are limited in certain lines here.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Although all the comments about why one shouldn't order by check if one really wants to be sure they get whatever item is being sold have validity, no explanations are being offered about how screwups occur with credit card orders. As mentioned previously, I along with others have placed orders with credit cards while the merchandise is still in stock, and ended up with backorders. Now that's not what happened to me this time, but this has happened in the past. There is no excuse for this. Q should know how much stock they have on hand. After all, as I pointed out previously, they are constantly telling you how many have sold and how many are left.