Respected Contributor

Re: Very unhappy with QVC right now

Some of us are missing the point here.  Yes, check orders may be at the end of the line, but the point is this:  Even the last person in line should get her item without it being on backorder.  If they have 1 million items to ship, they should not take 1,000,001 orders for them.   There is no excuse for this.  I am with the OP on this one.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently orderd five of an item to add to the same item I bought earlier as I hadn't ordered enough initially, by credit card, and it was in processing.  A few days later, I noticed that they were on easy pay, so called to get that.  After that, the items went to backordered, not happy about that.  If I had known that would happen, I would not have asked for easy pay.  Now, I doubt that I will ever receive the items and can only hope they will return later this year.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Some of us are missing the point here.  Yes, check orders may be at the end of the line, but the point is this:  Even the last person in line should get her item without it being on backorder.  If they have 1 million items to ship, they should not take 1,000,001 orders for them.   There is no excuse for this.  I am with the OP on this one.

I think that's the way of doing business and it happens everywhere.  I would bet that QVC oversells items knowing that some will never send in their check, some will cancel and some orders will be rejected because it won't go through their credit card.  QVC probably has a margin they oversell and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

I have a good friend who manages a hotel and she said they overbook the hotel all the time because generally a certain percentage of guests don't show up or cancel.  On the off chance they don't have a room for everyone, they will put them up at another hotel nearby for the night and the guest returns next day to stay with them, when they have an opening.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had the same issue.... i also mainly pay with checks and was in the same position as you ...i ordered when there was plenty of stock.....actually GOT MY CHECK OUT THAT DAY......and was told a few days later my order item

was out of stock.......................i contacted CS and they told me that credit cards process immediately and checks as they come in ...............i know i got my payment right out but i guess by the time it got there ..QVC had no more stock.

Now if i don't want to chance loosing the purchase i try to pay with a CC...............with checks sometimes it is a crapshoot.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Why would you pay by check? Just pay with your credit card and pay it off at the end of the month.

Here's one reason: In the summer our neighborhood empties out. Everyone seems to go on vacation at the same time. A few families go for the whole summer. I don't want a UPS package or two sitting on our front porch for days - that's a sure sign no one is home. So if I order before we leave I put the item on "check hold," and change it to a credit card right before we leave to come home.

The first time I was faced with this I called CS and asked them if I could pay now and just delay the shipment for a week. They said they couldn't do that, so that's why I came up with this solution. So far it has worked pretty well for me. Most of the time I end up with returned items, but I deal with that if I have to! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think I'm more shocked at this thing selling out than the OP's experience. 

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I think I'm more shocked at this thing selling out than the OP's experience. 

Woman Wink

So true...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on this. I called customer service this morning to ask how did this happen and the person I spoke to said they did not put check orders last (obviously that's not so). If that is how they wish to do things, that's fine, but tell customers that that is their policy. Informed with that info, the buyer can then choose whether to take a chance with a check order or to go ahead and put the charge on their CC. 

By the way, as Peaches McPhee mentioned, I have also had this happen to me in the past with orders that were placed with credit cards to begin with. What's the explanation then? Looks like a failure by QVC to keep track of their inventory numbers--though they never seem to have a problem rattling off how many items have been sold out of the number available and how many are left. Interesting Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

OP, Amazon has one by Tony Little, It's great, I have had mine for years  same as Marie's.......it's called Easy Shaper

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I ordered Marie Osmond's Bodygym when it was offered as the TSV a few days ago. Just now got an email saying it was "backordered" and, if unable to get any more in, would be cancelled. How's that possible? I ordered it while still in stock--not sold out yet. The only possible explanation I can come up with is that originally I chose to pay by check, but a few days later, changed it to a credit card order. Method of payment should not make any difference, though. The order was placed while in stock. What's wrong with QVC not being able to keep an accurate count of how many items they have in stock. I am really disgusted right now with  them.

Paying by check can delay an order because some companies will not release it until they receive verification that the funds are secured.