Honored Contributor

Re: Very unhappy with QVC right now

@CouponQueen wrote:

I think the issue is the paying by check..and to be honest it should be.

Money up front should be taken into consideration. I see many people on here "hold" an item with a check while they

"think over the purchase.." and if it is tying it up and making it unavailable to others who have CC in hand that is not a good manner of doing business.

Often times you will see something sold out and come back in stock ten days later when checks do not appear or somebody just decides not to send the check in...

Exactly.  Then when it becomes available to someone who wanted it, they have to pay a higher price because they missed out on the TSV price.

Honored Contributor

I have no issue with checks being paced at the back of the line. Why? Because there is NO guarantee to the business that the check will EVER arrive. CC? The sale is immediate.

QVC is a business, nothing more, that puts forth sales to make a PROFIT. Do you know the percentage of people who place things on hold and never returned to buy the item? That's lost money to a retailer because they have to turn down a customer who has the cash NOW due to that hold. Not good for the retailer, trust me. Checks for a QVC purchase are akin to that "hold".

You want it, pay now. After all, we've ALL head that old line "yes, the check's in the mail"...

Honored Contributor

Well, they did the same thing to me as the OP on the one before last TSV for Bare Minerals.

I had paid with a credit card however, then they decided a few days later to back order me & then eventually cancel my back order.

I didn't even waste my time watching any presentations on this very last Bare Minerals TSV, why bother???!!!

Honored Contributor

Why would you pay by check? Just pay with your credit card and pay it off at the end of the month.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I ordered Marie Osmond's Bodygym when it was offered as the TSV a few days ago. Just now got an email saying it was "backordered" and, if unable to get any more in, would be cancelled. How's that possible? I ordered it while still in stock--not sold out yet. The only possible explanation I can come up with is that originally I chose to pay by check, but a few days later, changed it to a credit card order. Method of payment should not make any difference, though. The order was placed while in stock. What's wrong with QVC not being able to keep an accurate count of how many items they have in stock. I am really disgusted right now with  them.

"Unable to get anymore in." How can that be? Marie owns the business. Is she going out of business? I'm sure you will get one - your check threw you to the "out of stock" category. 

Honored Contributor

Backordered means more will arrive. "Sold out" means you're pretty much never going to see it again... but not always!

OP, if you really want it, keep the sale and wait. I've received items 6 weeks after the purchase.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea why QVC still accepts checks.  Evine and HSN don't accept them.

I have to say that I think it's rather crummy of someone to put an item on check hold until they decide whether they really want the item or not and then switch to a CC order.  In the past I remember reading that posters did that and then waited for reviews to come in.  If the reviews were good, they switched to a CC payment.  If the reviews were bad, they never sent in the check.  That's pretty lousy.      

Honored Contributor

There are lots of reasons to be disgusted with them at this point and order fulfillment, or lack of order fulfillment, is surely one of them. I had more orders cancelled by them last year than in the entire rest of the time I've been shopping with them. Some of them were waitlist orders, but several of them were orders placed for what were supposedly in-stock items. It used to be that even waitlist orders were virtually a sure bet. Now, it seems like even items they supposedly have available might or might not be. Clearly, they don't maintain the inventory they once did and it would appear their inventory control system has changed with all the warehouse restructuring and is lacking. As I've said before, it would almost appear that fulfillment of customer orders is taking a back seat to offering air time and production services to a small handful of brands and vendors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have no idea why QVC still accepts checks.  Evine and HSN don't accept them.

I have to say that I think it's rather crummy of someone to put an item on check hold until they decide whether they really want the item or not and then switch to a CC order.  In the past I remember reading that posters did that and then waited for reviews to come in.  If the reviews were good, they switched to a CC payment.  If the reviews were bad, they never sent in the check.  That's pretty lousy.      

Agree!!!  I hate when people play the system at the expense (in every sense of the word) of others.

Respected Contributor

I never pay with a check, but it got me wondering if QVC has the capability of processing e checks via phone order.  I believe when e checks are used for payment, the funds are transferred almost as quickly as credit cards.