Respected Contributor

Re: Very thoughtful Comic Strip This Morning

Poor Luann (er...Greg).  She's suffering from a severe case of ingratitude.  Yes, "people suffer from hunger, hate, and war and a hundred other problems."  Instead of bemoaning the state of the world and throwing up her hands at it in a spasm of virtue-signalling,  maybe she could try doing something practical and helpful in her small corner of it -- like being kind to an unkind neighbor, or biting her tongue when she herself is tempted to say, as she puts it, "My opinion's always right, and yours is always wrong."  It's a start.

Respected Contributor

Tackling the world's woes is daunting, which is why it's important for me to focus on the positive impact one can make as an individual and to join or contribute to organizations that pool resources to help others. People face challenges all over the world and still find ways to endure and some even thrive. The poem's message of "why even try" is to me an excuse for doing nothing.

Honored Contributor

Happily, this doesn’t resonate with me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

I think that Greg is being very realistic and honest about the world that we live in.

I guess some people can't handle that.

The year will change, but the problems will still be there.

Those who say that they won't be, are living in denial.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Not really how I am approaching 2020.

New decade.

New possibilities.

dee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma2pkmh 

7515457780_10c0c81ed3_b.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”