Honored Contributor

Re: Very odd, my secular thread was moved to "Among Friends"???

On 3/27/2015 CouponQueen said:

Seriously...I wouldn't sweat the small stuff..the good news is - it isn't poofed just moved!

Enjoy it from its new location.

Thanks, CouponQueen! Your advice is wise, and it certainly is small stuff.

I shall do just that!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Hi doobdoo, I was curious and went over to AF to see. Here's my opinion. The title alone speaks to Christianity. Then your OP talks about the "Christian world". Admittedly I was just a bit perturbed to read the following sentence in your OP:

"The Christian world has been preaching the need for forgiveness since its beginnings and now, the secular world is understanding the importance of forgiveness as well."

It makes it sound like everyone else didn't understand or even preach the idea of forgiveness. That everyone else merely followed those in the Christian world. That is simply not true. One does not need religion to understand or preach forgiveness. One only need be a good human being. Did I misunderstand?

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Justina rae said:

Hi doobdoo, I was curious and went over to AF to see. Here's my opinion. The title alone is not secular. Talking about the "Christian world" is not secular. Admittedly I was just a bit perturbed to read the following sentence in your OP:

"The Christian world has been preaching the need for forgiveness since its beginnings and now, the secular world is understanding the importance of forgiveness as well."

It makes it sound like the rest of us in the secular world didn't understand or even preach the idea of forgiveness. That we merely followed those in the Christian world. That is simply not true. One does not need religion to understand or preach forgiveness. One only need be a good human being. Did I misunderstand?

Hi, Justina! That quote isn't my words, it's a quote from the wordpress article. However, even though I didn't have the same take on it I can see what you mean. And I can understand why it sounds condescending. Yikes! Certainly not my intention and see why it's perturbing.

So for the record, that's not what I think and I'm grateful to you for pointing it out. I'll do my best to be more careful with quotes.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

On 3/27/2015 dooBdoo said:

Hi doobdoo, I was curious and went over to AF to see. Here's my opinion. The title alone is not secular. Talking about the "Christian world" is not secular. Admittedly I was just a bit perturbed to read the following sentence in your OP:

It makes it sound like the rest of us in the secular world didn't understand or even preach the idea of forgiveness. That we merely followed those in the Christian world. That is simply not true. One does not need religion to understand or preach forgiveness. One only need be a good human being. Did I misunderstand?

Hi, Justina! That quote isn't my words, it's a quote from the wordpress article. However, even though I didn't have the same take on it I can see what you mean. And I can understand why it sounds condescending. Yikes! Certainly not my intention and see why it's perturbing.

So for the record, that's not what I think and I'm grateful to you for pointing it out. I'll do my best to be more careful with quotes.

I knew it was not your words. I'm just responding as to why it may have been moved to AF. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 dooBdoo said:

I knew it was not your words. I'm just responding as to why it may have been moved to AF. Smiley Happy

Thanks! I appreciate that you took the time to explain, and I have a much greater understanding after your comments and all the others. I so rarely start threads, and one reason is I'm not that great at composing the original post well.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Thanks, everyone! Hope all of you have a fabulous Friday!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

My thread reminding everyone to set their dvr's for this Sunday to see Killing Jesus on the National Geographic Channel, was also moved to Among Friends. It never occurred to me to post it there but now that it's done I don't mind.

Esteemed Contributor

Uh oh.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust