Respected Contributor

Re: Very loooooooooong posts? Do you read them?

I will not generally go through a post where you go to what you think is maybe 10 long  , click onto that and then there are 20 more .

If I am thinking of a purchase usually fashion or kitchen I will read all to help me make a decision on how to spend my $$s, or if. I have gotten some great help this way.

I do not care to read ones that IMO (of course--I am the one reading it Smiley Happy ) that  I can almost feel the poster turning up thier nose or thinking they are placing themselves up high by putting someone down.

Another poster metioned that it is all relative . This would be true --what you are looking for.

Honored Contributor

I rarely read long posts or long articles.

Honored Contributor

I shall cower in shame as I admit that, sometimes, mine get a bit long.  That said, however, I tend NOT to read really long posts unless I find the content particularly interesting at the onset.

But I pretty much avoid like the plague the mondo-paragraph ones, or the ginormous colored font, or the all bolded (screaming) or all caps (also yelling) posts.  Those last two make my eyes hurt and they are rude.

Esteemed Contributor

No.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with those who have said it's not the length, it's the content, that determines what I read. 

Respected Contributor

YOUR post was almost too long.  It's also annoying when you repeat yourself.

Valued Contributor

For the most part no. 

Honored Contributor

@AuberriJean

I am usually the one that writes the long posts. Beats me how many read them. Have tried to condense them, but no luck.

If it is a topic that interests me is the primary reason I read them. If they are smaller font and 1 long sentence(no paragraph breaks) I do not read them, regardless of the topic.

If a poster doesn'know how to separate them? Go over to the Electronics Forum and ask someone. I understand some tablets/smart phones and TV set browsers make it harder to do than on a computer, but it can be done in one way or another.

Yes I read them, but with the aforementioned exclusions.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

No, I don't read loooooonnnnggggg posts and I don't read posts in which people 

post 99 pictures of items of stuff they Googled.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Very loooooooooong posts? Do you read them? Mk

@Preds wrote:

I don't.  Short attention span and lazy, I guess.  I just glance at them.

@Preds

Aw, c'mon now. You telling me you aren't reading mine? Over in the Sports Forum, short posts from me are very rare.

=^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)