Respected Contributor

Re: Very inspirational ceremony

Once whites are in the minority, you will just see another brand of racism. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, are just as racist as you say whites are. They just haven't had a platform. People are people and suffer from the same insecurities and ignorance regardless of skin color and ethnicity. We all saw a very small example of this during the OJ Simpson trial. You'll see a lot of payback and reverse discrimination. As one problem is solved, others will crop up and we'll have to deal with those with a completely new set of eyes.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Topaz Gem said: Once whites are in the minority, you will just see another brand of racism. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, are just as racist as you say whites are. They just haven't had a platform. People are people and suffer from the same insecurities and ignorance regardless of skin color and ethnicity. We all saw a very small example of this during the OJ Simpson trial. You'll see a lot of payback and reverse discrimination. As one problem is solved, others will crop up and we'll have to deal with those with a completely new set of eyes.

Truth!

Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Lila Belle said:

Puh-leese.

How sick.

Is this is response to Topaz's post? And do you feel that racism only exists among whites??

Respected Contributor

Cakers, I see a lot of white guilt here in VP and not just in this thread. Yes, I have no doubt that your question for Lila will be answered with a yes, if it's answered honestly.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Topaz Gem said: Cakers, I see a lot of white guilt here in VP and not just in this thread. Yes, I have no doubt that your question for Lila will be answered with a yes, if it's answered honestly.

Topaz: Honestly unless people of all groups admit to their own bias, it won't matter who has the greater number of people anywhere.

Things are so divided in this nation that I don't see these issues coming even one iota closer to resolution. It's really a shame that so many fought so hard and all that seems to be forgotton.

A march today, a speech tomorrow, justice in the courts on another day - I think we are at the point where generations are not being taught the past, many people who lived through those times feel all's been fixed since the passage of Civil Right legislation, and yet here we are still discussing, still trying to pull it all together, and still not allowing valid questions, still not trying to understand other povs.

I don't know what the answer is anymore.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 3/7/2015 Topaz Gem said: Cakers, I see a lot of white guilt here in VP and not just in this thread. Yes, I have no doubt that your question for Lila will be answered with a yes, if it's answered honestly.

Topaz: Honestly unless people of all groups admit to their own bias, it won't matter who has the greater number of people anywhere.

Things are so divided in this nation that I don't see these issues coming even one iota closer to resolution. It's really a shame that so many fought so hard and all that seems to be forgotton.

A march today, a speech tomorrow, justice in the courts on another day - I think we are at the point where generations are not being taught the past, many people who lived through those times feel all's been fixed since the passage of Civil Right legislation, and yet here we are still discussing, still trying to pull it all together, and still not allowing valid questions, still not trying to understand other povs.

I don't know what the answer is anymore.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I couldn't agree with you more, with what you said so beautifully.

Respected Contributor

Lila, you don't know the ethnicity of anyone on this board unless you're a personal, real life friend of theirs.
Esteemed Contributor

Too funny.

Good night.

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Topaz Gem you don't know the ethnicity of anyone on this board unless you're a personal, real life friend of theirs.