Super Contributor

Very bad news about Skinny Black Catbert

Some of you here know my stories of the adventures of Skinny Black Catbert and her sister Fat White Catbert. FWC passed away in London in 2009.

SBC made it back home to Utah with us and has been living the high life with her very own backyard and all the excitement that brings with it. She's been the love of our lives for a bit over 14 years.

SBC has not been eating for the last few days and today DH took her in to the vet. She has a tumor under her tongue. It is causing her pain and she has lost quite a bit of weight. She only weighs 6lbs3oz today. Her fighting weight is about 8lbs.

The prognosis is not good. Surgery would entail removing a part of her jaw which the vet said sounds worse than it is. She would have to have a feeding tube put into her esphagus and be given a liquid diet. But the cancer will not be erradicated.

We are facing the difficult decision to have our best cat ever put to sleep. I can't quite believe it and my stomach is in knots.

The vet gave us a narcotic to put in her mouth to help with the pain and he gave her a shot to try to calm the swelling down. But clearly she can't live long term with this.

It's hard because she looks fine...as gorgeous as ever. My heart is breaking. I don't want her to live with pain. She's such a precious girl.

I don't know what we will do. DH just burst into tears the minute I walked through the door. We're not coping well at all.

Thanks for listening.

catlvr