Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all, again, for your caring thoughts.  It's been very comforting to read your kind words.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

My best friend for over thirty years died unexpectedly this morning.  Our children grew up together.  We became family.  My heart is broken...

Nananana59...My heart breaks for you.  In the year 2011 I lost two of my dearest friends, one for 35 years and the other 65 years.  The pain will never go away but the memories live on.  Treasure those memories, they will give you comfort.  So many things happen that remind me of one or the other that will bring a tear to my eye but also put a smile on my face and you will experience that too.  Hugs to you in this time of sadness.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

So sorry for your loss. A have always felt that a friend is a present that you give yourself. My best friend and I met when we  were 12 years old. We are now 74. She has cancer and my heart is broken. My mom always said life gives and takes away. Prayers and memories are always there.