Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I went with them for the FIOS service.  We had Comcast which I really hated.  Yes they are expensive!  But customer service is really good.  More then a cable company. True fiber optics. True ditgital phone.  Super fast internet.  They run the line in to your basement.  Something Comcast can't do. 

@songbird

I wish FIOS was an option where we live.

Because they own the phone lines, Comcast can't send a cable inside your house.  It has to sit outside.  There is quite a difference between the the cable companies.  Comcast is slower in TV performance and internet.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Verizon to raise prices

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Just another example of everything going up in price, while the government tells us there's no inflation.

Just because something goes up in price doesn't mean there is inflation. We live in a capitalist country. There is another phrase - "what the market will bear."

Do people really think the government can prevent all price increases, and that all price increases mean inflation?

What does capitalism have to do with inflation?  Everything.

Bottom line:

Every price increase, for every item or service is not automatically inflation. It is a price increase, in a regulated industry at that, no more, no less. Regulators must have felt it wasn't unjustified.

Bottom line:

The simple principle that when housing rates go up; when the cost of food goes up; when the cost of local utilities goes up; when the cost of medicine goes up; when the cost of clothing goes up (see cotton); there is inflation.  This is particularly true if your wages don't keep pace with these price increases.

You can let the guberment tell you there is no inflation all you want.  Every time I go to the store, the stuff I bought the last time, has gone up.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

after having sprint and cingular and now metro pcs i would never go with any other carrier.metro you never have to worry about your bill allways going up like sprint.metro allways is the same every month.and great service and great price. we have 2 person plan.unlimited talk text and 4g web for 70 dollars per month.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

after having sprint and cingular and now metro pcs i would never go with any other carrier.metro you never have to worry about your bill allways going up like sprint.metro allways is the same every month.and great service and great price. we have 2 person plan.unlimited talk text and 4g web for 70 dollars per month.

Metro PCS is TMobile, not bad.  They don't have good phones to me though.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

my kids are on their dads plan with verizon. i prefer the service and reliability of att. they pay about $350 a month for 6 phones and 1 tablet....unlimited calls and text, 18 GB data, and 25% discount on many accessories in the store.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein