Honored Contributor

Verizon Outage in Oklahoma now fixed

[ Edited ]

There was a statewide Verizon outage in Oklahoma until about an hour ago. DH and I both have Tracfone and no landline. Not sure when the outage started but I couldn’t find anything online. 

Long story short, we went to Best Buy and were informed of the outage statewide. Affected anyone who has Verizon as their carrier. Then to ATT who sent us to Super Walmart where we purchased a Family mobile phone who uses T-Mobile as their carrier.

We purchased a prepaid phone for emergencies, set it up, texted family with our temp number and then Verizon came back on line. 

We now feel better that we have a “landline” . Crazy day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Verizon Outage in Oklahoma now fixed

https://itsdcdn.com/resources/maps/verizon/verizon_en_20180613160449020.jpg

The most recent outage reports and issues originated from Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Broken Arrow, Lawton, Washington, Stillwater, Edmond, Houston, New York, Arlington, Owasso, Philadelphia, Alexandria, Norman, New York, Tampa, Duncan, Boston, Yukon, and Nashville.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Verizon Outage in Oklahoma now fixed

@sunshine45 Thanks. I didn’t see the map this morning. I thought it was Tracfone and not the carrier. It’s a lesson to us to have a backup.