Esteemed Contributor

Re: Venting! So tired of hearing the host say I LOVE YOU to vendors!

@liliblu wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

An Oprah bashing thread? Do we need this in our lives?

I don't know about you, but it sure made me happy. I have never liked her. Self centered nobody.

@HLP wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

An Oprah bashing thread? Do we need this in our lives?

I don't know about you, but it sure made me happy. I have never liked her. Self centered nobody.

Nobody?  Really?  I see an educated self made woman.  Oprah worked hard to get where she is.  You may not agree with her opinions but you cannot deny her work ethic and drive.

Sure she worked hard and had loads of success.  When she was done with her show, she could not just leave it alone.  She had to go on the road and tell people how she thinks they should live, how to improve yourself, blah, blah.  I, for one, am doing just fine.  I don't need a talk show host to enlighten me as to how to "live my best life."  She knows nothing about me.  So no, I don't listen to her, go to her events, listen to her interviews, buy her magazine except for one which was a waste of money.  But she seems to be everywhere.  Over exposure to the max.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@roster wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@LillyandHobo - I see this as mostly a millennial thing, especially with girls. I use the example of when DD left for college. She was the only one of her close friends going away. Her three friends slept over. Of course no one got any sleep. The next  morning there were tons of tears, and more "I love you. I'm going to miss you so much-es than I'd ever heard! You would have thought she was going thousands of miles away! A week later, Labor Day weekend, she was back home for the break and they were all here again! (To this day those three and DD are still close, even though one lives far away.)

So I got used to hearing it.

Since the pandemic  I  have not seen my close friends in person. We end  every phone call with ILY. At one time I couldn't imagine saying this to anyone but my family, but I miss my friends and I FEEL it, so why not say it?

I imagine the hosts and some vendors have developed a close friendship over the years. Maybe that's why they say it? They probably mean it.  Smiley Happy

"Love you" is not a millennial thing! Jane T. for one, is not a millennial. But it's not a mill........thing.

@roster - By a millennial thing I meant this generation is probably more comfortable saying this than their parents were at that age. I know I didn't go around saying this to my high school friends! My best friend from high school and I still keep in touch by phone (even though we're far apart geographically). NOW we say it to each other and we mean it! Something tells me if I'd said this to her when.we were in high school she would have thought "What?" LOL!  Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

That was such a sweet response and a different way to look at it Thanks for making me lrhink about it in a different light. Stay well

Esteemed Contributor

my father remarried late in life...i was an adult....i sent his wife a birthday card....signed it 'fondly'....she called me and ripped my face off...asking why i didn't use the word 'love.'  i hung up the phone....drove to their house....and proceeded to rip her face off.....i had welcomed her into our family....treated her with respect....but didn't 'love' her.....that was the end of our relationship....until i took her to court after my father died....just a nasty situation.....

Respected Contributor

@LillyandHobo wrote:

I just need to get this off my chest. I cringe every time I hear a host say I love you at the end of the presentation. Call me old but it seems so "high schoolish" to see grown women say I love you many times during their presenttions. I shop at QVC for items and I do enjoy seeing some of the presentations but why end it on such a personal/fake note? 

Of all the things to complain about - can't believe expressions of love would be one of them! smh

Respected Contributor

What strikes me as highly inappropriate is David calling women vendors "my love" and "lovie."  

The workplace is NOT the place for that.  I don't care if they are personal friends in "real life"...,in the workplace there is a behavior standard that should be maintained.

Creepy and inappropriate, to me.  Guess if he sells stuff, the powers that be think it is ok to give him a pass.  NOT!

Esteemed Contributor

There are soooo many bad things going on today in the U.S. and you really think soneone - anyone - saying I love you is one of those bad things???? Really? What kind of twisted, warped life must one have to actually think that???????

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

my father remarried late in life...i was an adult....i sent his wife a birthday card....signed it 'fondly'....she called me and ripped my face off...asking why i didn't use the word 'love.'  i hung up the phone....drove to their house....and proceeded to rip her face off.....i had welcomed her into our family....treated her with respect....but didn't 'love' her.....that was the end of our relationship....until i took her to court after my father died....just a nasty situation.....

@nana59   Wow.  She was waaaaay out of line to "rip your face off" about that.  You were an adult.  You did not "love" her.  She should have been happy you sent a card at all.  I hope you won your court case, whatever that was about.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

A host called a vendor lover this weekend. It was over the top ridiculous.
Honored Contributor

Would you rather they say, I hate you or I dont like you, etc?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)