Super Contributor

Re: Venting! So tired of hearing the host say I LOVE YOU to vendors!

Is there no in between? There is no reason to be telling vedors "I love you" for them providing a product to sell .........A polite thank you, good to see you, see you soon, take care, be well, are much mkore professional

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OMG this is one of the silliest posts I have seen in a  long time, WHO CARES is what I think

There is so much more in the world to think about these days other than what QVC hosts say to each other

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@liliblu wrote:

@HLP wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

An Oprah bashing thread? Do we need this in our lives?

I don't know about you, but it sure made me happy. I have never liked her. Self centered nobody.

@HLP wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

An Oprah bashing thread? Do we need this in our lives?

I don't know about you, but it sure made me happy. I have never liked her. Self centered nobody.

Nobody?  Really?  I see an educated self made woman.  Oprah worked hard to get where she is.  You may not agree with her opinions but you cannot deny her work ethic and drive.

Sure she worked hard and had loads of success.  When she was done with her show, she could not just leave it alone.  She had to go on the road and tell people how she thinks they should live, how to improve yourself, blah, blah.  I, for one, am doing just fine.  I don't need a talk show host to enlighten me as to how to "live my best life."  She knows nothing about me.  So no, I don't listen to her, go to her events, listen to her interviews, buy her magazine except for one which was a waste of money.  But she seems to be everywhere.  Over exposure to the max.

Who is forcing you to take her advice?  I only see her when I tune into her network.  Or on an occasional commercial.  How is she everywhere?  Oprah had a successful talk show and then went on to build a media empire.  There are a lot of people who enjoy her shows and feel they gain something from them.  Others are not interested.  But that doesn't make her a bad person.  It doesn't explain the venom and anger some seem to have towards her.  

Honored Contributor

I may be unique since I think about a lot of things throughout the day, both silly and serious. I've actually been reading books and watching tv when it seem I should have been contemplating world events.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

OMG this is one of the silliest posts I have seen in a  long time, WHO CARES is what I think

There is so much more in the world to think about these days other than what QVC hosts say to each other

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thank goodness the coronavirus has gotten rid of the kissy-face greetings (and may it never return) but I agree, the "love you" is garbage and needs to go as it's so fake and contrived.  Only at QVC, no other shopping channel has ever done these highly unprofessional things.

That kissy-face used to make me cringe --- they're trying to sell their products by making the audience feel loved. 

Honored Contributor

this thread is hilarious- never thought much about the vendors / hosts on their goodbyes

let's see what they can end with.... hmm

later gator - is that generic enough?

okay, maybe not for the makeup/skin care vendors - that would give off subliminal not so favorable thoughts - gator skin = not good

it is always okay to say you love mac n cheese - 

it is not okay to say I'm in love with you mac n cheese

❤️ is that too big? ❤️ okay? 👍