Honored Contributor

Re: Venting! So tired of hearing the host say I LOVE YOU to vendors!

Sorry but many people who work together for years actually do share a love for each other. Many QVC hosts and vendors seem to be spiritual/religious people and make mention of that. Many have mentioned they live in the same neighborhood as so and so, or go to the same church, or they socialize together, plus they work together as well. 

Why would we not, in this time of Covid and all the other horrors we see on the tv screen each night, believe that at least some of the 'I love you' would be real, and why would we not believe that now more than ever, is a good time to hang onto the love in our lives. 

I get the phony that has gone on between vendors and the kissy kissy that often seemed fake, but I do believe a lot of these people are close and their lives are interconnected in more than one facet. I'm glad they are loved and give love freely to their friends. Is that really such a bad thing right now? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

An Oprah bashing thread? Do we need this in our lives?

Well Oprah put herself in that position when she became the self proclaimed "expert" on EVERYTHING!!!  And heaven help anyone that disagreed with her......She was also hypocritical....I never was a fan.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Who are they saying "I love you" to? Does Rick or David also say "I love you"? I can imagine David saying it to a cookie, but the camera? The invisible audience?

The things I miss, not having TV. Thanks the gods.

@noodleann 

They say I love you to the vendors, to the callers, to their co-hosts.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Well Oprah put herself in that position when she became the self proclaimed "expert" on EVERYTHING!!!  And heaven help anyone that disagreed with her......She was also very hypocritical in her beliefs too...........

That describes 2/3 of the population if not more. But if you want to engage in cancel culture, rock on. Whatever makes you happy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Well said @Mominohio 

Doesn't bother me in the least! So much more to worry about.

Valued Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I don't know about you, but it sure made me happy. I have never liked her. Self centered nobody.

@HLP wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I don't know about you, but it sure made me happy. I have never liked her. Self centered nobody.

Nobody?  Really?  I see an educated self made woman.  Oprah worked hard to get where she is.  You may not agree with her opinions but you cannot deny her work ethic and drive.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Who are they saying "I love you" to? Does Rick or David also say "I love you"? I can imagine David saying it to a cookie, but the camera? The invisible audience?

@noodleann 

Holy Toledo, I had no idea. How awkward.

Emotional lability has gotten such purchase these days, with people "tearing up" reading directions on toilet bowl cleaner, this probably shouldn't be a surprise to me. Strikes me as the height of artifice, though, and it's hard to top some of the sales shtick. Yuck.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Well Oprah put herself in that position when she became the self proclaimed "expert" on EVERYTHING!!!  And heaven help anyone that disagreed with her......She was also very hypocritical in her beliefs too...........

That describes 2/3 of the population if not more. But if you want to engage in cancel culture, rock on. Whatever makes you happy.

2/3 of the population doesnt influence an entire nation nor do their favorite products give those retailers an unfair advantage in the market place....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann 

@Spurt    And to themselves.......

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think Shawn started it.  She has been saying it to everyone for years.