Super Contributor

Venting! So tired of hearing the host say I LOVE YOU to vendors!

I just need to get this off my chest. I cringe every time I hear a host say I love you at the end of the presentation. Call me old but it seems so "high schoolish" to see grown women say I love you many times during their presenttions. I shop at QVC for items and I do enjoy seeing some of the presentations but why end it on such a personal/fake note? One last thing! I honestly don't care if Oprah likes something and  puts it in her magazine or gives it a thumb up! Not everyone has to have Oprahs seal of approval in fact it makes me not want to buy the item. There are several hosts that name drop and it dets really old! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Venting! So tired of hearing the host say I LOVE YOU to vendors!

@LillyandHobo wrote:

I just need to get this off my chest. I cringe every time I hear a host say I love you at the end of the presentation. Call me old but it seems so "high schoolish" to see grown women say I love you many times during their presenttions. I shop at QVC for items and I do enjoy seeing some of the presentations but why end it on such a personal/fake note? One last thing! I honestly don't care if Oprah likes something and  puts it in her magazine or gives it a thumb up! Not everyone has to have Oprahs seal of approval in fact it makes me not want to buy the item. There are several hosts that name drop and it dets really old! 

Not to worry, her magazine will no longer be available in it's printed  version after December 2020. 

Trusted Contributor

The word LOVE has lost its meaning a lot lately, so dont you pay attention @LillyandHobo at thems aying so often the phrase "I love this, I love that, I love you". You know it is not real.

Please take good care afteryourself and your loved ones!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Super Contributor

Dinaki is right. "Love you" has been over used and lost it's meaning in today's world. Everyone loves everyone. Really? If only.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness the coronavirus has gotten rid of the kissy-face greetings (and may it never return) but I agree, the "love you" is garbage and needs to go as it's so fake and contrived.  Only at QVC, no other shopping channel has ever done these highly unprofessional things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@LillyandHobo wrote:

Not to worry, her magazine will no longer be available in it's printed  version after December 2020. 

I bought the Oprah magazine ONCE and ONLY once.  It advertised an article that I thought would have helpful information in it.  It did not.  I like to flip through magazines once in awhile but I don't think I have ever paid for a subscription.  When I bought that Mop from that famous woman on HSN, can't remember her name, it came with a free subscription to Good Housekeeping.  That was years ago, and I have only read one of them.  I keep looking at that pile of magazines and telling myself to read one, then I walk on by, LOL.  So for me, magazines are a waste of money.  I am surprised there are any magazines still being published.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

You are so right.. I agree 100 percent. I love that you said thta! lol j/k about the love~You take care, be well and safe 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

An Oprah bashing thread? Do we need this in our lives?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

There are so many unprofessional people at QVC.Very immature,  very self assured (trying to be nice) Sometimes when I see particular hosts come on I have to silence them!