Honored Contributor

I find the recent practice where the vendors are dismissed after their presentations, they look around like, "What do I do now?" and then just aimlessly drift off the set to be very awkward.  Has anyone else noticed this?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have noticed this. Towards the end of the presentation, some hosts don't make it perfectly clear (to the vendor) that the presentation is over.

Respected Contributor

They need to employ the dreaded hook😜

Respected Contributor

Yes, it is noticeable at times. Not all the hosts are good about closing the segment, so the vendor is left not knowing if they should leave or not. Awkward.

Honored Contributor

I noticed tonight thst Renee Greenstein, a pro, didn't seem to know her time was up and just stood with her back to the camera sort of bewildered.  That was Shawns fault for not making it clear.  They need to fix this situation NOW.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes. Very awkward and unprofessional.

Super Contributor

How long would it take to break away from the vendor to show a clip?  A few seconds?

This would allow the vendor to leave and the host to be in place for the next product.

Is this Q's idea of "keepin it real"?

Honored Contributor

The vendors have ear pieces in so you would think the producer would inform them also.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes - have only noticed it lately - never in the past.  Solution:  yes - the ear piece.....have heard anchors on FOX say - they HEAR the music so they have to go - out of time.

Honored Contributor

It used to be just really new and inexperienced vendors that they had this issue with, but I'm seeing it more with very long time vendors. 

I'm thinking maybe it isn't always the host's fault, but the director or whoever is in their ear telling them where to go and what to say. 

I always got the idea there was a countdown clock that the host/vendor could see as to how much time the segment had left, and if so, that should be a big help for the vendors to know it is time to wind down. 

But yes, leaving the 'stage' is seeming more and more awkward all the time and for some very experienced people. 

I sometimes wonder in the quest to make Q2 have more live programming, if they have really stretched the behind the scenes crews thin and things just aren't running as smoothly as they did and should, till they hire and train more people, who are the ones that really make all this happen.