Respected Contributor

Re: Vegan Plant-Fueled Trucker Loses 65lb!

I would have to leave out a lot of the food he eats, because of GI issues that I have.  No onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, seeds, nuts.   Those are the things that add zip to the food.  But, it does look good.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Hi, Marien -- haven't seen you around lately. Cute pup!

I would really miss my almonds.
Respected Contributor

Hi tansy!  I've been around...but I've been busy with the pup!  Smiley Happy  He''s a labradoodle and keeping me busy!  

I love almonds too, but I limit myself to a few..if I overdo, then I have problems.  I love almond-flavored anything, too.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Hi tansy!  I've been around...but I've been busy with the pup!  Smiley Happy  He''s a labradoodle and keeping me busy!  

I love almonds too, but I limit myself to a few..if I overdo, then I have problems.  I love almond-flavored anything, too.

Just a friendly warning:  Do not try the orange-flavored hazelnuts from the Lynden area.  They are being offered at the farmers' markets and are totally addictive.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Just a friendly warning:  Do not try the orange-flavored hazelnuts from the Lynden area.  They are being offered at the farmers' markets and are totally addictive.

***Are those the Holmquist nuts?  My mom LOVES  those and buys them all the time! I can only eat two or three.  You're right...addictive!

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's the name.  I ate all of them so couldn't check the bag!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tansy, they have chocolate ones, too!  Smiley Happy  If I ate the whole bag, I'd probably be in the ER!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Oh, you are evil, marienSmiley Happy

I didn't see those at my farmer's market. Maybe because its been so hot. I'm planning to catch next Saturday's market.