Super Contributor

Re: Vegan Australian woman sues neighbor over meat smells from barbecuing...

oh please 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Most science texts and dictionary descriptions put humans in the omnivore category.

A PB Facebook group may disagree, but that doesn't change the fact.

Eating meat is a choice.

Humans don’t need meat to survive.

Our teeth (molars) for grinding indicate that.

Our extensive digestive system..large intestine/small intestine...

will prove meat is not our source.

Lots of common sense biological traits...herbivores=human 101

If people think humans are omnis...that’s just a learned behavior.

Herbivore is our biological nature.

Here’s a cool, colorful factual chart🌿

AD883504-6DCF-41AF-89AE-20A477073640.jpeg

@sidsmom 

A very interesting chart!

I love bell peppers of every color.  I love them even more when they're served with hot Italian sausage.

I remain in the omnivore camp.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Saw that on the news recently and thought it is so silly to sue them lol. People never cease to amaze me

with their silliness.

Honored Contributor

I guess all countries have their fair share of nut cases.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

It sounds like everything about living in a generational, mixed neighborhood bothers this woman. She should move to a more secluded spot if family living bothers her, and I hope after this round of legal action she quits harassing neighbors with lawsuits.

Although I think this woman has a number of issues and is a real pain in the rear, I don’t agree with the payback plan to have a mass BBQ just to “show her.” That many people assembling in a neighborhood with their grills and fuel isn’t practical or safe. I’m sure the fire dept or police would not have approved and wouldn’t be surprised if if they squashed this event. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I think I read she was wearing a leather skirt ,while she was interviewed

@cherry   I've posted about animal by-products before and was ripped for it.

Vegan isn't just about food; it's about no animal products AT ALL.  No leather, no personal products containing any animal by-products.

I'm not talking about "No animal testing".

Where do peopel think leather and other by products in shampoos, lotions, etc. come from?

The same animals people boo-hoo over and look down on others who do not follow a vegan way of eating.

Either you are a full-fledged vegan or not.

That includes by-products derived from fish, too.

It's like the "save the forests" people who go so far as to burn down logging businesses but publish their propaganda on PAPER and live in WOOD houses furnished with WOOD items.

@Cakers3 

I understand what you are saying....

My sister has a friend that's a vegan....and I told my sister that I understand her friend is doing this out of her love for animals...When she joins us for lunch she even eats a DRY salad or steamed veggies.....BUT the hypocritical thing is she feeds her cat wet cat food where you can clearly even see chunks of beef, chicken, turkey, salmon, and fish....And what about her leather handbags .....GO FIGURE.......

SHE'S vegan, not her cat.  Maybe she respects the fact that her cat is not vegan and doesn't insist that the cat BE vegan.  That's in her favor, I think.

@QueenDanceALot 

The cat is not the one paying for the food, SHE IS, and therefore, she's still supporting non-vegan entities....which kinda defeats the purpose.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If the list of her 'issues' is as described here, I get it. 

Living in close proximity to people, their noise, their smells etc. can be offputting to many. 

I think she owns the problem (she doesn't play well with others) and should look to move to a place that gives her the space she needs, to not be in such close proximity to people, and their noise, smells from cooking, etc. 

Having lived very up close to people in cities, and now out in the country on acreage, I prefer living further away from people, for exactly the same reasons stated here. But I moved to an environment that suited me better, I didn't sue people for living their lives. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

you can't fix stupid!!

Yes you can. A strategically placed clothespin on the nose will cure her stupid complaint.  Also, Australia is a vast country with miles and miles of bush wilderness. She can move there and not see a neighbor in years.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I think I read she was wearing a leather skirt ,while she was interviewed

@cherry   I've posted about animal by-products before and was ripped for it.

Vegan isn't just about food; it's about no animal products AT ALL.  No leather, no personal products containing any animal by-products.

I'm not talking about "No animal testing".

Where do peopel think leather and other by products in shampoos, lotions, etc. come from?

The same animals people boo-hoo over and look down on others who do not follow a vegan way of eating.

Either you are a full-fledged vegan or not.

That includes by-products derived from fish, too.

It's like the "save the forests" people who go so far as to burn down logging businesses but publish their propaganda on PAPER and live in WOOD houses furnished with WOOD items.

@Cakers3 

I understand what you are saying....

My sister has a friend that's a vegan....and I told my sister that I understand her friend is doing this out of her love for animals...When she joins us for lunch she even eats a DRY salad or steamed veggies.....BUT the hypocritical thing is she feeds her cat wet cat food where you can clearly even see chunks of beef, chicken, turkey, salmon, and fish....And what about her leather handbags .....GO FIGURE.......

SHE'S vegan, not her cat.  Maybe she respects the fact that her cat is not vegan and doesn't insist that the cat BE vegan.  That's in her favor, I think.

@QueenDanceALot 

The cat is not the one paying for the food, SHE IS, and therefore, she's still supporting non-vegan entities....which kinda defeats the purpose.....

If she's not preaching to anyone, why does it matter if she's not 100% consistent? Calling her hypocritical is kind of harsh. I applaud those who cut down or cut out consumption of meat and animal products. I don't expect 100% purity from vegans. I'm sure there are plenty of beliefs and lifestyles we strive for but don't live up to completely.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

My husband had told me about that one.

Stupid woman.

-Texas Hill Country-