Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vanessa Bryant Wins $16M from Los Angeles County

@Kachina624  You are right about not unseeing some things.

A co-worker and I were told to go through old files to be taken offsite.

While we were going through a fatal car accident file we opened a folder and just gasped.  It was pics taken of the 2 victims in the burned out car. You can only imagine how awful they were.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Vanessa Bryant Wins $16M from Los Angeles Countyf

@SeaMaiden wrote:

This woman sues everyone....she even sued her own mother😡...time for her to move on now....do some good with all her money....

Her mother sued her, and the case was settled. I have no idea what she does with her money. Do you?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Years ago, my parents and I were driving through a small town just North of Houston.  The highway ran right along side of the railroad tracks.  Just as we reached an intersection a speeding train approached and a car started across the tracks, smashing the car to smithereens.  I'll never get the sight of that collision out of my mind.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Christopher Chester was awarded $15 million.

@Mz iMac  I'm not following the case so were they the only two that were awarded.

Also is anyone suing the Estate since he was the reason they were on that helicopter?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Jury made the award for her present and future emotional distress.

The behavior of the employees who photographed and displayed the bodies of Kobe and Gigi was atrocious and they deserve to be fired.  This is not what we expect of first responders in whom we put our highest trust.

@Kachina624  were the pictures only of the two Bryants?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I spent most of my life in So. Cal. and recall when Kobe was very young, just signed a huge Lakers contract and married Vanessa. i was never a fan but I felt terrible for her and their children, and for the families of the other victims as well.

How any human could be so heartless as to photograph this tragedy for their own use is beyond my comprehension.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04  They were the only 2 that filed suit.

As far as I know, no one is suing the estate. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Sage04    I believe there were lawsuits against the helicopter operator.  I recall the cause was determined to be pilot error.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The county will appeal.

She was awarded only 1/2 of what she asked for.

Honored Contributor

She had every right in the world to sue over those photos, especially since no criminal charges were brought against the despicable people who displayed photos of the damaged remains of her husband and child for their own sick "amusement". And no one can say for sure if the photos were ever really destroyed.

She has the Mamba and Mambacita Foundation that does plenty of good with her money.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"