Honored Contributor

I wrote a post earlier about a rusting white van that was put in front of our house (blocking our walkway...you had to walk around the van to get to the street)  about 72 hours ago.  Our neighbors put it there.  We haven't done anything, because it's a residential street.  And anyone can put any currently registered car anywhere they please (other then blocking a drive way) We do have a drive way by the way. Well my husband went out there with paper and pen and wrote down the licence plate, etc of the van.  Also went up to the second van and wrote down everything, making sure he was seen.  Well about 30 minutes later, the van is gone. My husband called to tell me, it was expired.  The other van is still current.  We could have had it towed. We want to keep peace with our neighbors, so I'm glad it didn't come to have to ask them about the van.

Honored Contributor

Re: Van is GONE!

[ Edited ]

@songbird 

YAAAAY!

Congrats on getting that eyesore moved from in front of your house!!!

I bet he won't try to park it there again....mission accomplished!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Van is GONE!

[ Edited ]

They probably saw DH writing down the information so they moved it before you could call the Police.

Our neighbor used to do the same thing. He has a pecan tree in the front yard which had limbs growing all over the ground so he would not park his car in front of his own house. 

He started parking in front of our house. DH told him to park his krap in front of his own house because the space in front of our house is for our company. Since he does not know any better he moved his car. LOL!!! 

Not our porblem he had several non-running vehicles with no place to park them.

DH bought a new truck so he parked it in the drive & moved his car to the street.

The mailman will not deliver your mail if he cannot reach your mailbox from his vehicle. When someone parks in front of our house the mailman just drives on by.

Everyone has a garage to park in, a driveway to park in plus the 2 spaces in front of their house cars can park so everyone just needs to use their own space & not be a jerk.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

The car did block our walkway.  The only way you could walk to our house was to walk around the van.  My husband just called me and said he saw the van  back behind the other van in front of the neighbors.  It was gone for a while.  I have no idea what is going on with them.  Just happy that derelict van is not in front of our house.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Nightowlz 

The car did block our walkway.  The only way you could walk to our house was to walk around the van.  My husband just called me and said he saw the van  back behind the other van in front of the neighbors.  It was gone for a while.  I have no idea what is going on with them.  Just happy that derelict van is not in front of our house.

@songbird 

Hard to believe that guy is driving that van with expired tags. He will eventually get caught. Probaby does not have insurance on it either.

DH gets mad when someone parks in front of the house especially if he's doing yard work. He cannot get to the curb to edge or sweep the lawn debris from the street when he's finished. 

Honored Contributor

My friends daughter has homeless people living in a motor home in front of her house.She lives in Seattle and has no place to park her car when they are there but there is nothing she can do about it.She has to park blocks away to avoid taking another neighbors spot.The homes on her street are old and small and most don’t have any parking except street parking.

Honored Contributor

@songbird  I understand your frustration.  For years one of my next door neighbors parked  two of their MANY cars on each side of our driveway... I would have a hard time putting out my cans on Garbage day and even pulling out of the driveway was hard with my big van and two cars incasing the end of the driveway. 

One day I got ticked off  and put a nice note on their window...PLEASE DO NOT PARK ON THIS SIDE AS I would like an open space for my trash cans and to pull out of driveway"

They have never parked there again...we never discussed it...and now there is peace. They still park on the other side and that is fine with me. This was about 10 years ago, and we all get along just fine. I suppose I just could have spoken face to face with them too....I just chickened out at the time.

Today if I had to do it again,  I just would speak to them neighbor to neighbor.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad the situation got taken care of.  Hopefully, they don't get brave and park it back on the street again.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz,

Our trashy trailer neighbors break every rule in the book; they are currently driving 4 different vehicles using 2 license plates.   They’ve been doing it for years.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Nightowlz,

Our trashy trailer neighbors break every rule in the book; they are currently driving 4 different vehicles using 2 license plates.   They’ve been doing it for years.

@RedTop 

You should turn them in. 

I doubt they could get by doing that around here very long. All you would have to do is turn them in to the Police.

The Police run plates all the time. If they don't go with the vehicle they will stop you.