Trusted Contributor

Valerie's" Christ "Bracelets (2)

[ Edited ]

Valerie's set of (2) "Christ" Bracelets for the holidays (or otherwise), are cute. I don't think they are very substancial but that is my opinion, not my point.

My grief is that they are sold in a set of two ,as she stated "because we HAVE to gift one to someone."

First of all, that is not necessarily so as I have no females to "gift" it to.

But my point is that these bracelets, like other items at QVC, when done in multiple FORCE us to buy more than we need or want

Like many wallets, flashlights, etc(sometimes beauty products even.)

I only want ONE of anything, not multiples. I wish on sets that they would made available an item number where you can order just one! Give us an option, don't force more upon us as we pay more plus more weight for S&H , tax, etc.

This has bugged me for years. This bracelet is cute but I have NO ONE I would gift another to. Therefore, I must do without.

(Unfortunately, I can't afford to just donate it to someone or some cause.)

It stinks !     Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's" Christ "Bracelets (2)

Why not pay it forward ?

Respected Contributor

Hope it doesn't happen, but now you have a spare just in case one breaks.  But, I see your point, and don't understand why they do this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps you could wear both and maybe one day someone you like/admire/respect tells you she likes them, and then you could give her one.  On bracelets, in a set, I believe shipping is just the basic $3.00 (not $6.00).

I didn't see any Christ bracelets by Valerie (or anyone).  Valerie has a set of three prayer box bracelets on the Q (shipping is $3.00) but those didn't sound like what you described.  Perhaps they are sold out and your dilemma is solved for the time being.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I didn't see them, but it sounds like they want to sell volume to get a lower price.  I know when I had a shop, the more we bought the cheaper the wholesale price.  If you get a deeper cut you can pass it along to customer.  or, you can take the extra profit to make up for items with a smaller than normal profit margin.  JMHO

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Perhaps you could wear both and maybe one day someone you like/admire/respect tells you she likes them, and then you could give her one.  On bracelets, in a set, I believe shipping is just the basic $3.00 (not $6.00).

I didn't see any Christ bracelets by Valerie (or anyone).  Valerie has a set of three prayer box bracelets on the Q (shipping is $3.00) but those didn't sound like what you described.  Perhaps they are sold out and your dilemma is solved for the time being.  

Hi homegirl

Maybe these were the item she was talking about

S/2 Christs Story 7-1/4 Bracelets with Gift Boxes by Valerie - H205342

Honored Contributor

Thank you, shoekitty.  It seems that item number is sold out.  (A search for the item number brings up the picture but says "not available.")

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Valerie's set of (2) "Christ" Bracelets for the holidays (or otherwise), are cute. I don't think they are very substancial but that is my opinion, not my point.

My grief is that they are sold in a set of two ,as she stated "because we HAVE to gift one to someone."

First of all, that is not necessarily so as I have no females to "gift" it to.

But my point is that these bracelets, like other items at QVC, when done in multiple FORCE us to buy more than we need or want

Like many wallets, flashlights, etc(sometimes beauty products even.)

I only want ONE of anything, not multiples. I wish on sets that they would made available an item number where you can order just one! Give us an option, don't force more upon us as we pay more plus more weight for S&H , tax, etc.

This has bugged me for years. This bracelet is cute but I have NO ONE I would gift another to. therefore, I must do without.

It stinks !     Woman Frustrated

I don't think it's about forcing you to buy what you don't want. Q has probably had requests for items in pairs and this would be a savings for them. I gather this is meant to be a sort of friendship bracelet. You can choose not to buy them or buy both and donate one to a woman's shelter or church group. You could sell it on EBay as well.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Very nice solution in idea, Homegirl, and I appreciate it. But I don't think I can do that up front. I would never wear two, and all of the women in my life are pretty  much  past. I don't meet many new ones that I could gift, although because of my careers I am always in large groups. 

However, it still doesn't solve the problem with other duplicates, like the RFID wallet I wanted. It came in two or three ! One would last me a lifetime, I've been stuck with products like that before.

But I thank you for a lovely thought that could work for many !

Blessings !  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Shoekittync, How nice to hear you had a retail business !  Suits your outgoing personality.

Would you care to share what type of shop you had ? 

If not, I understand. We don't sometimes want to reveal much about our personal lives online.