Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Harper rushed to hospital!

@LilacTree wrote:

With the exception of Bobby Christina, I have never seen a more drawn out public death spiral.

I think that's awful.  Valerie has been nothing but upbeat and optimistic and full of as much energy and life as she can possibly muster. since her diagnosis  Given her situation, I probably would be in a "death spiral" but nothing about her - due to her wonderful attitude- has struck me like that at all.  I would hardly call her being on DWTS and doing a play now, as frail as she is, a "death spiral."

I only hope that none of her loved ones see your post - ever.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

With the exception of Bobby Christina, I have never seen a more drawn out public death spiral.

I think that's awful.  Valerie has been nothing but upbeat and optimistic and full of as much energy and life as she can possibly muster. since her diagnosis  Given her situation, I probably would be in a "death spiral" but nothing about her - due to her wonderful attitude- has struck me like that at all.  I would hardly call her being on DWTS and doing a play now, as frail as she is, a "death spiral."

I'm sure they won't.  This is the QVC shopping BB, not Twitter.  Truly sorry it upset you so much.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I'm sure they won't.  This is the QVC shopping BB, not Twitter.  Truly sorry it upset you so much.

I'm not at all upset, let alone "so much."  I merely expressed my opinion --- of your opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I'm not at all upset, let alone "so much."  I merely expressed my opinion --- of your opinion.

Oh, ok.  I'm glad you see it as an opinion because that is all it is.  Some things hit us all differently. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

But VH posted she is ok and returning to the play....what death spiral?  She is doing what she loves....none of us know when the grim reaper will visit us.  Valerie was smiling on FB

Valued Contributor

I've never heard her complain about what ails her.

Honored Contributor

Brenda Vaccaro (who looks really different in the photo below - much thinner) is replacing Harper in the musical she was in when she collapsed last week.

http://www.people.com/article/valerie-harper-replaced-brenda-vaccaro-musical-after-hospitalization

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

LilacTree, I think she is trying to give hope to people in a similar situation. She did an interview with her husband about her diagnosis and she was so upbeat and showed so much grace. 

So many people live with an uncertainty whether they will be here tomorrow. Valerie shows us how living each day to the fullest, accomplishing what we can and not complaining about it when times get tough. I love her for that and she is an inspiration to me to never let go and take life for every moment we are granted and have hope. Heart

Honored Contributor

I hope Valerie Harper is doing well.  After reading what she posted on FB, with the exception of her being in a coma, all reports seem to be true, just not complete.  She was discharged from the first hospital.  She said she was medevaced.  I think sometimes unconscious is erroneously changed to coma, because non medical writers think they are interchangeable.

As for being replaced, it's possible the insurers of the play will no longer cover the play if she continues.  Cancelled appearances cost money and these dinner or local theater plays need to play to full houses every night during their limited runs.

Valerie Harper has always had a lot of spunk!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never mind, I found the thread I was looking for.