Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vacuuming Up Bird Seed In My Yard

Every spring I get soooo many giant Sunflowers all over my back and front yard from the sunflower seeds the birds dropped.

They are beautiful to see.  <3

Honored Contributor

I have noticed something, some birds are not eating from tube feeders,i bought safflower seed for cardinals ,put on the ground for them,they don't seem to be eating it, and it is expensive.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have noticed something, some birds are not eating from tube feeders,i bought safflower seed for cardinals ,put on the ground for them,they don't seem to be eating it, and it is expensive.

My cardinals won't eat safflower seeds at all.  My finches won't eat thistle.

None of "my" birds and squirrels will eat anything but black oil sunflower seeds.

Trusted Contributor

Can you put out suet feeders instead?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@morganjen wrote:

Can you put out suet feeders instead?

@morganjen   What I've done so far is to take the extra large tube feeder and put it in my front yard on the pole set-up that has my other tube feeder.  I also have a cylinder feeder in the front yard that attracts woodpeckers and bluebirds.

I still have a large hopper feeder in the back yard that still has safflower seed in it.  When it runs out I'm going to try to get rid of the seed around the feeder.

I could put suet in the back yard, but I think there will be enough feeders for them in the front yard.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau